Magix eCoreFX VolumeFormer - FREE

cclarry

As part of this exclusive limited-time offer, you can work with coreFX VolumeFormer, a component of coreFX Suite, for free. In addition, you'll receive a free trial version of coreFX Suite, which includes five effects for precise dynamic control and three delay effects for detailed mixing and mastering processes"

It seems you can upgrade to the coreFX Suite for $60 if you downloaded and registered the free coreFX VolumeFormer. This looks cool because I don't have the xFer LFO tool. However I do have the free TAL-Filter. How it this compared to TAL-Filter and LFO tool? Also would it be worth the money to upgrade to the Suite version if I already have iZotope Nectar 3, Neutron 3 Standard, Ozone 9 Standard? Plus the Cakewalk classic effects plugins we will be getting from the new update. Also I may get the FabFilter Mastering bundle in the future. 😛

Edited by Hillmy

If you want to be blown away by filter and modulating FX that can be had for no money, download the Meldaproduction Free Bundle and rack up MComb on one of your audio tracks and start browsing through the presets.

Then check out some of the other filter and modulation and sound-shaping plug-ins in the bundle. You'll perhaps get why I coined the term "Meldamoonie" to describe my admiration  for the company's products.

MCompressor and MEqualizer that come in this bundle are 2 of the first plug-ins I ever downloaded years ago. Cakewalk says I have over 600 plug-ins now and MCompressor and MEqualizer are still ones I reach for on almost every project.

And if you're looking to amass a good collection of tools without shelling out a lot of money, go over to the Instruments and Effects subforum and check out the "Favorite Freeware FX" thread. The Dead Duck plug-in bundle is listed in there, LJKB Luftikus, all kinds of great stuff.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Hillmy said:

It seems you can upgrade to the coreFX Suite for $60 if you downloaded and registered the free coreFX VolumeFormer. This looks cool because I don't have the xFer LFO tool. However I do have the free TAL-Filter. How it this compared to TAL-Filter and LFO tool? Also would it be worth the money to upgrade to the Suite version if I already have iZotope Nectar 3, Neutron 3 Standard, Ozone 9 Standard? Plus the Cakewalk classic effects plugins we will be getting from the new update. Also I may get the FabFilter Mastering bundle in the future. 😛

I'll say it again, you have more /better tools than many pros have already.

Do you get much use out of the TAL-FIlter?   Is this is plugin you actually use all the time?    This is the kind tool that you might not really use enough to need an "upgrade" especially for $60, when as noted above MComb is pretty powerful and you already have the well respected TAL-FIlter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I'll say it again, you have more /better tools than many pros have already.

Do you get much use out of the TAL-FIlter?   Is this is plugin you actually use all the time?    This is the kind tool that you might not really use enough to need an "upgrade" especially for $60, when as noted above MComb is pretty powerful and you already have the well respected TAL-FIlter.

I like how you say I have more/better tools than many pros have already, haha! I probably do, but I am such a n00b to even realize! 😛

I have not tried the Melda Production plugins all that much. I remember downloading one and uninstalled it right away because of the nagging "This is a free trial BUY NOW" staring me in the face each time I loaded it up. 😛

On 7/27/2020 at 2:53 PM, Hillmy said:

would it be worth the money to upgrade to the Suite version

To echo what Brian said, with Neutron 3 and Ozone 9, plus what comes with CbB and a download of the Meldaproduction Free Bundle, what you'd have would knock Magix' collection into the creek. You're already way beyond the need for that.

It sounds like you're putting together a nice collection of processors. From my perspective, you're there. Wait for Pluginboutique to put one of the iZotope Exponential reverbs on sale again, Phoenix or Nimbus, and there would be few mix engineers who would say that you needed anything further.

All it's about at that point is "creative" FX like Stutter Edit or whatever if you're doing EDM production, or "character" compressors and EQ's, like emulations of old hardware if you're into that sort of thing, which I'm not for the most part. You can join me in the zombie horde waiting for the next Pluginboutique freebie and seriously debating whether my budget can stand less than I'd spend on a bridge toll on a Soundspot plug-in.

18 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

To echo what Brian said, with Neutron 3 and Ozone 9, plus what comes with CbB and a download of the Meldaproduction Free Bundle, what you'd have would knock Magix' collection into the creek. You're already way beyond the need for that.

It sounds like you're putting together a nice collection of processors. From my perspective, you're there. Wait for Pluginboutique to put one of the iZotope Exponential reverbs on sale again, Phoenix or Nimbus, and there would be few mix engineers who would say that you needed anything further.

All it's about at that point is "creative" FX like Stutter Edit or whatever if you're doing EDM production, or "character" compressors and EQ's, like emulations of old hardware if you're into that sort of thing, which I'm not for the most part. You can join me in the zombie horde waiting for the next Pluginboutique freebie and seriously debating whether my budget can stand less than I'd spend on a bridge toll on a Soundspot plug-in.

Yes, it would appear I am amassing a collection of every effect I would ever need, lol. I already have Excalibur and Nimbus, also have Stutter Edit 2, Unfiltered Audio Zip and Triad. I also got the free compressors from the StayInspired campaign and OTT. For EQ the included Cakewalk one and the ones in Ozone, Neutron, and Nectar is great too. The one in Nectar 3 I found is awesome because it is a 24 band EQ that is standard and dynamic and also has Follow EQ function that I am not sure FabFilter Pro-Q has. That's why I have not bought any of the FabFilter stuff yet. Also, between Nectar, Neutron, and Ozone. I probably don't need the advanced versions. It seems besides Tonal Balance Control (which I don't think I need right now), all the missing features in Ozone are in either Neutron or Nectar, even RX7. Music re-balance is in Rx7 standard (which I have), spectral shaper in Neutron. Nectar 3 has stuff Neutron doesnt, etc. I also got the free Sonible entropy EQ they gave away with Pluginboutique in June. So it seems the Volume Former is all I needed and glad it is free. I didn't want to have to pay for LFO tool. Someone on YouTube showed how you can use TAL-Filter to do some of the things LFO tool can do. This new free Magix plugin seems to do the rest. I wont get upgrade to the full suite because it seems redundant at this point and would be a waste of money. I basically answered my own question after a while. 😛

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

I have not tried the Melda Production plugins all that much. I remember downloading one and uninstalled it right away because of the nagging "This is a free trial BUY NOW" staring me in the face each time I loaded it up. 😛

If you mean the banner down at the bottom of the Free Bundle plug-ins, just ignore it until he has one of his 50% off everything sales and you can make the banners go away for $25 for a suite of 37 plug-ins, which he regularly adds new ones to. Or you can do it right away for $50. I never found them that obtrusive.

One of the recent additions to the Free Bundle was MTuner, an instrument tuner that, um, if you look close, just happens to be polyphonic and has MIDI out, so that if you play guitar into it, you can trigger synth lines. My existing license covered it. I think the guy might be an android sent from the future.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think your iZotope suites probably have it covered, but I just picked up Wavesfactory Trackspacer in their most recent sale and now consider it an essential tool. So simple and effective it feels like cheating.

I was looking into that and was debating whether I have that functionality or not. Doesn't Neutron 3 and Nectar 3 have that? 

Neutron, probably. I'm a broke, frugal guy, so I only have the Elements versions. That's awesome that you have the Exponential Reverbs, who the heck has been advising you? It's like you've skipped 5 years of trial and error on FX acquisition. 🤣

But  you have all these tools, so start using them and then you can  educate me!

This thread has gone hijack, which is sort of a thing in the Deals forum anyway, but I have to acknowledge it for etiquette's sake, sorry, Larry, and it's good to see you back.

A piece of unsolicited advice: you have all of those cool iZotope tools, which I am a fan of. They aren't as controversial as they once were, they were considered crutches and blamed for producing overhyped overloud masters. Thing is, you can do that with any tool, and iZotope really got their game on as far as the concept of their suites not being crutches or shortcuts, but rather excellent ways to acquire a world-class suite of plug-ins with special integration that can help novices sound good quickly and pros take it to the next level. Their website is packed with learning material.

Their wizards, or assistants or whatever they call them, and their presets give a good starting point, and they're especially good for when you've just tracked a band and need it to sound good NOW, but I have found that especially the compressor settings can stand some tuning. Not surprising, compressors are very program specific.

So my advice is: watch what the wizards do and absorb it. It can be like looking over the shoulder of an experienced engineer. It's still essential to learn the basics of how to set up an EQ and compressor on a track. The iZotope wizards do sometimes overhype a track, sometimes they thin it out, and it's essential to know how to correct for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Neutron, probably. I'm a broke, frugal guy, so I only have the Elements versions. That's awesome that you have the Exponential Reverbs, who the heck has been advising you? It's like you've skipped 5 years of trial and error on FX acquisition. 🤣

But  you have all these tools, so start using them and then you can  educate me!

LOL! Just by being obsessive and researching online deals and reviews. I only got Nimbus because it was on sale for like $29 for an upgrade from Excalibur which I got for $9. Also I got Nectar 3 and VocalSynth 2 both together for only a $100  when it was on sale for $50 crossgrade from VocalSynth and that was $49 heh. I also got the elements suite for $47 that came with also trash 2, Iris 2, and Breaktweaker. Rx7 standard I got for like $69 when you consider the standard upgrade was on sale and I had some Pluginboutique  virtual cash to discount $30 lol. Neutron and Ozone upgrades where on sale for $99 each as well! So I am not rich, I just got lucky with sales overtime and reading and watching tons of reviews! 😛

• Like 2

You are a smart shopper! Breaktweaker is one of my favorite toys, I got it when iZotope put a whole bunch of stuff on sale for $8.88 to celebrate PB's 8th birthday.

Now that you've plundered iZotope's offerings, you can let @cclarry guide you through the ways of getting ginormous IKMultimedia packages for fractions of list. They are a good source of the "character" FX I referred to, and Sampletank is my favorite of its category.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Starship Krupa said:

You are a smart shopper! Breaktweaker is one of my favorite toys, I got it when iZotope put a whole bunch of stuff on sale for $8.88 to celebrate PB's 8th birthday.

Now that you've plundered iZotope's offerings, you can let @cclarry guide you through the ways of getting ginormous IKMultimedia packages for fractions of list. They are a good source of the "character" FX I referred to, and Sampletank is my favorite of its category.

I got Sampletank 4 SE and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE both on sale for $39 and free AmpliTube Metal and T-RackS 5 ONE 🤪

23 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Okay, I'm going to have to stop recommending plug-ins to you, other than Meldaproduction stuff, you seem to have everything else.😂

If you record audio with multiple mics, MAutoalign is a must, regularly discounted for $25.

Yeah, I may look into the Melda plugins.

13 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Yeah, I may look into the Melda plugins.

They have powerful tools, but I would not recommend them for a "beginner" which I beleive you refered to yourself as one previously.  

Melda offer so many options and a layout that can be combersome even for more experienced users.    Autoalign mentioned is more straightforward than most though.

Edited by Brian Walton