Interview with Shane McFee, owner/developer of Kazrog

Christian Jones

It's a couple hours, I watched it while doing stuff. They get straight away to when his amps will be released. Oh you forgot about Kazrog amps? They were some of the most highly regarded before Nembrini and Neural et al showed up, and the Kazrog Thermionik amps have been getting revamped given the new competition. A lot of people use and love his True Iron on every track, and it's probably his most successful plug in. I would've put this in the Coffee House but let's face it, that place is out of control. Speaking of, I gotta get back down there

Edited by Christian Jones

1 hour ago, ensconced said:

Recabinet 5 excellent, use it all the time.

Yeah I just got Libra which I haven't used yet but I'll probably retire Recabinet 5 if possible. I still haven't found an ir loader that, once you select an ir you can just use the up/down arrows on the keyboard to select other IRs. Probably Libra doesn't do it either 

21 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah I just got Libra which I haven't used yet but I'll probably retire Recabinet 5 if possible. I still haven't found an ir loader that, once you select an ir you can just use the up/down arrows on the keyboard to select other IRs. Probably Libra doesn't do it either 

Recab 5 does    that no it doesn't, it just pretends to 😇

That would be nice, let me know if Libra does it. I can't remember the name of the IR loader that became Libra, but it didn't do it as far as I recall.

I never really thought of it before, but that would be really handy.

Edited by ensconced

Yes I think it was, Ignite Amps NadIR, going to the old Ignite Amps page takes you to Libra's home.

Reading the manual I don't think it allows the use of the arrows to select.

I remember looking at this way back, but when I need to merge/stack/mix and export IR's I just use mixIR2 or mixIR3, so I never bothered. There was another IR loader that used that visual method like Libra, but I can't recall it's name.

1 hour ago, ensconced said:

Yes I think it was, Ignite Amps NadIR, going to the old Ignite Amps page takes you to Libra's home.

Reading the manual I don't think it allows the use of the arrows to select.

I remember looking at this way back, but when I need to merge/stack/mix and export IR's I just use mixIR2 or mixIR3, so I never bothered. There was another IR loader that used that visual method like Libra, but I can't recall it's name.

Idk, there's still NadIR so maybe it was something else. I tried NadIR a while ago and hated it simply because, unlike Recabinet 5 at least, nadir didn't let you see a list of IRs to click on; you had to click through the file system each time the loaf a new IR whereas Recabinet 5 showed a long list in the Gui to click on. Lol yeah Recab pretends to let you select w/ the keyboard arrow it moves over it but doesn't select it. I really hope Libra doesn't perform that task like nadir does 

18 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Idk, there's still NadIR so maybe it was something else. I tried NadIR a while ago and hated it simply because, unlike Recabinet 5 at least, nadir didn't let you see a list of IRs to click on; you had to click through the file system each time the loaf a new IR whereas Recabinet 5 showed a long list in the Gui to click on.

Yeah, I always preferred Recabinet over Nadir. Very simple GUI and great to browse through countless IR folders. Have used it on multiple tracks. Nowadays, I also prefer MCabinet which is a wonderful IR loader ***** tweaked with some really cool parameters. 

On 7/10/2020 at 5:07 PM, ensconced said:

Recab 5 does    that no it doesn't, it just pretends to 😇

That would be nice, let me know if Libra does it.

I don't have an audio interface connected right now so I can't audibly verify, but I loaded up Recabinet 5 and it looks like it is in fact loading the other IRs in the browser just by using the keyboard arrow alone. IIRC the keyboard arrow would move the highlight to the next IR there in the gui browser but it didn't actually load/populate it until you clicked or double clicked it. But now it appears to load it w/ just the arrow. Are you seeing that? 

Also, no, Libra doesn't load the next IR using just the keyboard arrow but it will load it if you press Enter after using keyboard arrow - which I could have sworn Recabinet 5 would not do - it required a mouse click no matter what.. idk