Reason May Madness

cclarry

Reason Studios traditionally do a 'May Madness' sale this month and the following reductions have just dropped in their shop:

Reason 11 Suite from $599.00 to $499.00
Reason 11 Suite Upgrade from $249.00 to $199
Reason 11 from $399.00 to $299.00
Reason 11 Upgrade for Intro/Lite from $299.00 to $199.00

A quick scan of the usual resellers seems to suggest that this is just direct from the Reason store at the moment.
Also the Reason 11 Suite Upgrade lasts until 10th May only, the others may be longer.
There is no reduction, so far at least, on the Reason 11 upgrade from Reason 1-10

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/

• Like 1

I keep searching for a good reason to update Reason.

I never used it as a DAW.  I just liked jamming with the instruments in it. 

My favorite piano was in Reason.  I used to connect it with ReWire, which was a pain in the *****. 

But now... I feel like every  instrument they have I can find something as good or better elsewhere. Drums?  Synths? World instruments?  Choirs?  
Likewise for effects, even MIDI effects. I have great plugins these days.   Reason is an amazing deal for somebody who is starting out and doesn't have all that stuff.

I played it since version 2 and upgraded until 8.  I was big enough a fan to go to a few Propellerhead events in NYC.   There is a kind of nostalgia that makes me want it in the rack in Cubase.  I'll be more interested once Komplete Kontrol and VE Pro can handle VST3s.