Update to the FX Licence Manager

simon

update to 2.1.0.14 (no change log) on windows - don't know about Mac ?

Run FX Licence manager to update

BEWARE  - the updater application had some pretty bad bugs/errors on my win64 system - try it and see.

THE FIX - the actual download is dumped in a Temp folder on your PC - you can just run it directly and all if fine - it's the 'updater' part that's broken

I've deleted the file now so I can't remember where the temp folder is but it's easy to find - when it's crashed open "task manager"  right click the application and "open file location" - that gives a link to the actual installer (you can probably find it on the website but whatever :)  )

I wonder if FXP are thinking about releasing more product - BFD really does feel like total abandonware now.  I've been in touch with support about various bugs and problems and there is zero enthusiasm to engage.  Skot and Angus moved on to something else a long time ago.....  Look at their forums and it's "tumbleweed" and spam

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HIBI said:

Yesterday, I did self update the FX Licence Manager to 2.1.0.14.
I got a lot of "Code 3" error dialog windows... It seemed endless popping up. 😨

My license manager was corrupted as well, if you download a recent update of something and install it, the license manager will get reinstalled - as they don't seem to have a separate license manager download (at least I couldn't find one).
I checked the products under my account - https://www.fxpansion.com/account/ and found that I had missed several updates because of this issue.

2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

My issue was that when running the license manager it would immediately crash before it did anything.
So I never got that far, good to know there's a fix work around if it partially works.

Let me know if you can’t get it to work - I can send you the install file if you like 

• Thanks 1

@simon
I did download latest installer from the site and install it manually. Seems it works.

@TheSteven
Last month, the license manager did not start (it seemed hanging silently in background), so I tried to reinstall, but I could not find the uninstaller and also the overwrite installation did not work. I had to delete the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\LicenseManager) to success installation.

• Like 2

I reported a couple of issues 2 months ago, and haven't gotten a response from ROLI other than the initial "we're really busy and will set back as soon as we can" message.  Anyone heard anything about why the installer was updated?  I'm not going to bother unless there's a reason to.

just bumping this - noticed there's a new beta for BFD3 which probably explains the licence manager update.  It's basically for catalina support but they've rolled in some very minor fixes too. downloading now

available from your account on fxpansion.com

• Like 1