UVI Extreme FX 1.5 - New Update Available

cclarry

I gave up on the UVI Portal upgrade and I'm just downloading it from the website directly.  Says it's 5.5GB and it's going to take 2-3 hours given how slow the direct download is running (on my crazy fast gigabit fiber).  Sigh.

Update: On the website there is a drop down for the download link, has a choice of Primary, US Standard Link, Asian Mirror and Torrent. Primary is crazy slow, but if I pick the US Standard Link it's much faster.  Says 14 mins remaining...

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Like 1

New version is almost twice as big as old one (8.62 GB vs 4.34 GB).  They both can co-exist (the new one has a new file name).  Might be why the "upgrade" didn't work.

They added a new Electronic and Synth FX catagory on the top level.  Many of the sections can now be dragged out as .wav files, which you couldn't do before.  But not everything (the Atmospheres and Scenes are still only UVI patches, which is sad because those are the best stuff--though at least Scenes may just be collections of sounds from the rest of the library, not sure.  Most of the musical patches aren't drag-gable either).  This was one of my biggest complaints about it, I couldn't include it with my normal .wav sound effects library (and search tools).  Though single dragging out all those .wav files might take a lifetime.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

New version is almost twice as big as old one (8.62 GB vs 4.34 GB).  They both can co-exist (the new one has a new file name).  Might be why the "upgrade" didn't work.

thanks - I'll give the upgrade a try first and see what happens

• 3 weeks later...