Render Melodyne Region Effect Shortcut

Bill Phillips

Question

CTRL + M opens a Melodyne Region Effect. Can I make a keyboard shortcut to render a Melodyne Region Effect?

I couldn't find the CTRL + M keyboard shortcut that opens a Melodyne Region Effect in the Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts and I can't find any of the Region Effect related functions in the Keyboard Shortcuts Function list. So I'm guessing that the answer to my question is no, but would like to be sure.

I'm finding myself creating a lot of Melodyne Region Effects clips right now and am getting a lot of benefit from the CTRL + M shortcut and could make good use of a companion shortcut to render Melodyne Region Effects.

Edited by Bill Phillips
Clarification

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Light Grenade said:

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but do you just mean a shortcut for bounce to clip? ie. right clicking the melodyne region clip and rendering?

If so, you can create a custom key binding, I have one exactly for this.

I don't think "bounce to clip" will work for a region effect. What I do for a Melodyne region effect is right click in the clip and select Region FX > Melodyne > Render Region FX. What I'd like to do is replace that operation with a keyboard shortcut.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, Bill Phillips said:

I don't think "bounce to clip" will work for a region effect. What I do for a Melodyne region effect is right click in the clip and select Region FX > Melodyne > Render Region FX. What I'd like to do is replace that operation with a keyboard shortcut.

I agree... and I'm trying to do that right now. I have it working on my other DAW but I'm not finding it in this one??? OK... I've got a way to look I think...

Yup... There it is. Last entry in Global Render Region FX Got it bound to me with promises again!

Edited by Keni
success!

21 hours ago, Keni said:

I agree... and I'm trying to do that right now. I have it working on my other DAW but I'm not finding it in this one??? OK... I've got a way to look I think...

Yup... There it is. Last entry in Global Render Region FX Got it bound to me with promises again!

Actually, @Lynn Wilson's suggestion works fine for me. Though this thread is over 3-years old, and I think there have been some improvements in the Melodyne - Cakewalk interface made since then.