mark skinner

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments !  This song is definetaly done. I've totally screwed up the project by not bypassing new room correction software (while bouncing to clips). Already baked in and can no longer get a good feel out of it. "Big" lesson learned.

@DeeringAmps , thanks for the final thumbs up  ?

@Lynn Wilson , I appreciate that. I'm hoping I can keep it up ..

@jwnicholson78 Thanks , the interlude is my favorite part and very enjoyable to do ..

@noynekker Thanks Bruce. Always wanted to play a fiddle . I tried for a year ,  but just quit after no improvement. The fiddle track was inspiring and knew I had to do something with it. 

@Jesse Screed , Thanks for weighing in. Appreciate it. It's Really been mix suggestions from friends here that have helped with my mixes and masters.. They all don't make the cut , but I'm happy with this one.

@Supa Reels , Thank You !  very nice response.  Thanks for all the listens..

@steve@baselines.com Thanks Steve ! I did have some problems with the kick. Already rolled off some of the clicky highs but I guess I should have done more work on it. I think its the G&L electric you referred to on the lead. I finally got the FX dialed in on it and finger picked everything.   

Thanks ..  mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

totally screwed up the project by not bypassing new room correction software

Marc, I direct my MASTER buss (which has all my “mastering” plugins) to the ARC buss (so named because I use IKM’s ARC correction) and the ARC buss is set to the UFX speaker outs. I also have a PHONES buss that has SonarWorks headphone correction (I use a send from the MASTER to feed the PHONES buss that is routed to the headphone amp). Mixes are bounced off the MASTER, so I never have to worry about “burning” in a correction. 
HTH,

t

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@DeeringAmps , Thanks Tom.   I'll get that set up. Did you have to make changes in the "bounce to clips" dialogue to bypass your Arc or Phones buss? I'm also assuming you have to specify "Master buss" during final export instead of using entire mix ? (PM or Email me) My biggest problem was (at some point) turning off the warning option about bouncing and export. 

?    mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1

"bounce to clip" doesn't bring up a dialog box for me, it just "applies" any edits I've made to the clip, or creates one continuous clip if a track is populated with numerous clips.
When I bounce tracks, under "WHAT TO BOUNCE", I select "Source Category Buses". Of course, that ticks all buses and then I have to untick all but the MASTER.

HTH,

t

love the intro... so slinky, catches my attention right away.

the reason i like it so much, is BECAUSE it's lean! 

you can hear all the character of each instrument. dig it. nice mix.

it'd be super cool, if you could find a way to put a vocal on top of it.

in and around it.

lean vocal. just like the music.

• Like 1