Tweak Peaks with PSP Twin-L - our brand new dual algorithm classic limiter!

Michael Docy

Dear users, 

We are proud to introduce our new dynamic processor plug-in: PSP Twin-L - a dual algorithm classic limiter. The aim of this plug-in is to provide a wide variety of shaping options. The plug-in is able to emulate the main features of two types of limiter: VCA-limiters, which is a modern type of analog limiter, and Opto-limiters which are vintage optical limiters. 

The new fully featured 30 day demo version is available on our download page. To see the PSP Twin-L in action you can visit our booth 19203 at the Winter NAMM show, which begins tomorrow.

Introductory offer!
Until the 3rd February 2019 you can buy PSP Twin-L at the special introductory price of $49*. As a registered user of our other processors plug-ins you can get it at an even better price (up to 44% additional discount). To see your final price for the PSP Twin-L: log into your user account, go to the store and put the PSP Twin-L into your cart. Starting from the 4th February 2019 the regular price of $69* will be applied.  (* all prices include taxes)

https://www.pspaudioware.net/register/store.php

www.PSPaudioware.com

image.png.fe5211b81f73b4cc5af11e2307a710c3.png

Edited by Mike Docy
added URL
  • Like 1

PSP create some of the very best plugins. Their licensing tactics have changed: originally of thereabouts they used iLok protection. Then they dropped ilok. Now they are using it again. Maybe they consider the necessity for soft license ilok a fair trade off to dissuade piracy. 

Some of their finest plugs have been updated and the lastest versions of these require ilok but if you bought them previously you can still get the non dongle versions from your account which is pretty cool.

PSP's reasoning for ilok was due to their troubles with MacOS (eyeroll):

"Authorization and copy protection is a pain not only for every legitimate user but also for us - developers. For the last couple of months, problems with our in-house authorization system has been our main cause for support requests, especially on macOS. It seems every OS update brought us new hassles and headaches. We are not a large company with dedicated support staff and programmers who just deal with authorization code; it was getting to the point that trying to keep our authorization system working was taking time away from PSP Audioware’s real mission: developing professional audio processors. We went looking for what technology is out there that other audio plug-in companies are using. The undeniable truth is that a lot of audio companies use PACE technology successfully. They’ve improved the speed at which they support updates to Windows and macOS considerably over the years. Many professionals in the audio world already have iLok accounts with hundreds of licenses that they use without issue so choosing PACE seemed the most seamless and trouble free option."

• Like 1

19 hours ago, backwoods said:

PSP create some of the very best plugins. Their licensing tactics have changed: originally of thereabouts they used iLok protection. Then they dropped ilok. Now they are using it again. Maybe they consider the necessity for soft license ilok a fair trade off to dissuade piracy. 

Some of their finest plugs have been updated and the lastest versions of these require ilok but if you bought them previously you can still get the non dongle versions from your account which is pretty cool.

yeah that's where they lost me... but at least nearly all my plugs still activate with the reg file, except one or 2 recent ones that swapped to ilok in a point upgrade (grr) so i can't use the latest versions of those

still, great plugs

Big PSP fan here also. I just got a plug from them a couple months ago. I didn't realize they went back to iLok. Too bad. I loved their authorization process. It wouldn't stop me from buying more of their plugs. They make some of the best plugs IMO.