forward audio updates free faIRmageddon Plug-in (Early Access) - Guitar Cab Impulse Response Designer

cclarry

forward audio has updated faIRmageddon (Early Access) to version 0.97.009. It's the last free update before entering the paid early access and includes some major performance and convenience improvements.

Free until December 18th.

Changes:

fixed: plugin no longer crashes after several hours of time opened (some systems).

fixed: random audio peaks that could break processing in some DAWs.

fixed: IR processing performance optimization.

added: included faIR Modern Rock pack as Factory IRs.

added: automation of XY parameters.

added: copy and paste of slot presets within the plugin.

fixed: panning readout now displays correct values.

added: last opened tab view (file browser, spectrum, waveform) is now saved and loaded within DAW project.

fixed: resizing deactivated in Steinberg Hosts (VST2).

fixed: track bypass in Steinberg DAWs displayed false state (VST3).

Read more at www.forward-audio.com  

Signed up.  

Authorized easy enough.

Can't get it to import any of my IR's.  Can't even get the manual in the plug in to work.  Dunno if they use some proprietary system or something.  

Found a bunch of bugs I submitted via their site.  I'm sure they are aware of  them, but I suggest anyone else running into issue do the same so they can fix the issues after their 'soft opening'.  

• Like 2

I got the IR's to load (sometimes I have to triple click where it says "No Folder Selected" in each bank).  There's a limitation of how long the IRs can be (no reverbs).  So this is mainly designed for guitar amps/cabs, but I'm sure people will get creative with it.  

The XY trackpad is pretty clever, and I love the idea of loading a Vox AC30 on one pad, a Marshall JCM800 on another, a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier on another, and a Dumble on the last one (or whatever yomama's favorite amp is), and then dragging the XY target accordingly.  The sample delay is pretty low, so I think it's good enough to track live with.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Carlos said:

I hate that I can't use my main yahoo mail account... I have to use my alternate one...just like in Vi control... wtf... 

Yahoo had been badgered by data breaches (two right before its acquisition) so often that it has fallen from grace. Not being allowed to use yahoo mail for registration could actually be something imparted by Verizon Media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Daniel Seidel said:

Our mails don't get through to yahoo accounts so we blocked them, too. It's better to have it this way than having people wondering why they don't get our registration mails etc.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and explain "why"! Not many vendors do this, so the gesture is very much appreciated.

• Like 2