Help me tonecracy plugin and cakewalk crash

1 minute ago, Starship Krupa said:

It looks like you're running a plug-in called Tonocracy and it's crashing in Cakewalk Next.

yep, but this isn't the Next forum... i did a quick google but couldn't find one, or actually any support links for Next 🤷‍♀️

anyone official know where to get Next support?

The error message mentions a path named "D:\Jenkins". I assume you don't have such a folder on your computer, am I right? Jenkins is the name of an open source automation server, used to support building, deploying and automating development projects. Maybe you somehow got hold of a development build that never should have been made available for download?

I would download and install Next once again to see if the error still occurs.

Posted (edited)

Next has crash dumps just like all Cakewalk products. So steps in video still apply.  When you submit you choose Next from the list. 
No they don’t have a proper forum, they use a playground called Discord. My 16 year old Granddaughter is a typical user of it.  It’s really bad. 

I hadn’t logged in for a few months and my question from December was still on the main page.  Unanswered. 

I reported a few major bugs in November and no answer and still no fix. I re submitted again in February. I had to give up on it and waiting until they get back to me it’s not the same team as Sonar. 
So actually asking questions here is a better option because a DAW is a DAW. 
The few people who do use Discord are of little help. At first the developers would answer questions but I didn’t see any signs of that.
The user base is all Bandlab app people and many use Macs.  

Edited by John Vere

Next is still in Beta. Next forum on Discord is meant to be handling user feedback, including bugs and crashes. As John Vere states there seems to be little feedback from devs  when you report an issue. But that's the place to do it. Discord is a major shambles unfortunately (to me anyway)

I get the same error with Tonocracy  in Next. It runs fine in Cakewalk CbB.

I am hopeful for Next as I dont need the advanced/complex features of CbB/Sonar. All other instruments/plugins I've tried in Next seem to work without issue including  Amplitube and other amp sims.

On 5/3/2024 at 5:13 PM, John Vere said:

they use a playground called Discord. My 16 year old Granddaughter is a typical user of it.  It’s really bad. 

ot, just because you personally don't like discord... it's actually fine, it's a standard developer tool these days, has been for some while... (someone on these forums refused to use paypal as they considered it a "flight by night outfit" a couple of years ago, but i can't remember who that was)

As I said I had used Discord a few times to report bugs. The first few back in November a staff member replied thanked me and said they would hand it over to the developers. Then I found a major bug in punching in which David Bay also verified and this was never resolved or got any response. 
I just tried again this weekend and the bug was still there so I screen captured and used the reporting found on the web pages which you can access from the top of this forum. I got an email back responding so that is a better way to report.

I uninstalled Discord I can’t really see the point of it. It must be a very small team working on Next.  And it’s a very likeable DAW. I’m still optimistic it will be a keeper. 

Just now, John Vere said:

As I said I had used Discord a few times to report bugs. The first few back in November a staff member replied thanked me and said they would hand it over to the developers. Then I found a major bug in punching in which David Bay also verified and this was never resolved or got any response. 
I just tried again this weekend and the bug was still there so I screen captured and used the reporting found on the web pages which you can access from the top of this forum. I got an email back responding so that is a better way to report.

I uninstalled Discord I can’t really see the point of it. It must be a very small team working on Next.  And it’s a very likeable DAW. I’m still optimistic it will be a keeper. 

tbf that sounds like these forums, but using discord rather than invision 🤷‍♀️