HoRNet TotalEQ 85% off for 24 hours

cclarry

I've read positive comments about this plugin in forums and the White Sea Studios influencer made a very positive review about it (and I seriously doubt this developer paid him anything to do it). I'd be interested what anyone here thinks of it as I'm contemplating picking it up. I've been very reliant on dumbed down AI EQ tools (Sonible and Izotope) and wanted to get something non AI that I could learn more on and thought this might be a good choice. 

28 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've read positive comments about this plugin in forums and the White Sea Studios influencer made a very positive review about it (and I seriously doubt this developer paid him anything to do it). I'd be interested what anyone here thinks of it as I'm contemplating picking it up. I've been very reliant on dumbed down AI EQ tools (Sonible and Izotope) and wanted to get something non AI that I could learn more on and thought this might be a good choice. 

I had issues with the vst3 version not allowing nodes to be added or adjusted on some computers with Cakewalk.

Id go for TDR Nova, Melda EQs, Toneboosters EQ4 as affordable alternatives.  The latter doesn't go on sale but the first two do, and they both also have very capable free versions.

You can use izotope without the AI in the free one.

Or buy a forever 29 from  someone and grave the three body technology EQ

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I had issues with the vst3 version not allowing nodes to be added or adjusted on some computers with Cakewalk.

Id go for TDR Nova, Melda EQs, Toneboosters EQ4 as affordable alternatives.  The latter doesn't go on sale but the first two do, and they both also have very capable free versions.

You can use izotope without the AI in the free one.

Or buy a forever 29 from  someone and grave the three body technology EQ

Thanks for the advice. I admit, I've picked up at least a couple of dozen Hornet's plugins because he discounts them so low and a bunch of folks here have praised them. I actually have contemplated the Tonebooster's EQ, as it seems really user friendly and the price is very low (and it has AI too).  

14 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for the advice. I admit, I've picked up at least a couple of dozen Hornet's plugins because he discounts them so low and a bunch of folks here have praised them. I actually have contemplated the Tonebooster's EQ, as it seems really user friendly and the price is very low (and it has AI too).  

Yeah, I have quite a few of them myself, but I have also found reliability isn't always 100% with the vst3 versions across all daws.  There are just a handful I run into like this, the butterfly which must also use the same code for some of the EQ layout also has some of this issue.  For bread and butter like EQ, Comp, and reverb...I value reliability.  

Toneboosters has a great no time out demo feature, worth spending time with it.  I like the interface and UI but think the Three Body EQ sounds a little better when pushed.  If it sounded as good I'd use it over the 3BT one

• Thanks 1