Audio engine wont turn back on and no audio playing.

Audio engine seems to have completely destroyed itself in my project haha. I have two saves of this project both cwp files yet one doesn't have any playback or input. 

Driver mode is WASAPI SHARED (I've tried others and nothings helps there)

Dithering is none

Multiprocessing engine is being used 

Audio is always streamed through fx

Problems seemed to start occurring when I downloaded the file and sent it to my phone as an mp4. Any help would be appreciated. I have one safe save and have oped it using shift but that didn't work.

1 hour ago, VISIBLE THREAT said:

Audio engine seems to have completely destroyed itself

\m/ awesome dude! \m/ (can practically smell the sulfur and feel the heat from here!) 😈

Problems seemed to start occurring when I downloaded the file and sent it to my phone as an mp4

downloaded what file from where? mp4 is a video format. 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:52 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

\m/ awesome dude! \m/ (can practically smell the sulfur and feel the heat from here!) 😈

downloaded what file from where? mp4 is a video format. 

My bad I meant mp3 

It's perfectly OK to import .mp4 files into CbB. Infact CbB has a video player that supports multiple formats of video. You can't edit the video, but you can edit and add tracks to the audio.

.mp4 is not just for video anymore and is commonly used for higher quality audio stream file compression & multi-channel audio such as surround sound mixes and such,will work & play without any video channel. In fact, I believe Bandlab.com streams all music in the .mp4 format as does many other music streaming websites, and of course YOUtube uses .mp4 whether it contains any video or not.

I believe you have a corrupted or audio file that is not compatible to CbB's project audio settings? Does the .mp3 or .mp4 play in your media player?

Remove/delete the .mp3 or .mp4 from the project, save, close, & reboot CbB project and see if that corrects the problem.

If it does Go to Edit > Preferences > File - Audio Data. 

Under File Bit Depths, check to make sure Import Bit Depth field matches the bit dept and speed of the project. Unless you've previously changed it, it should be set to CbB's default settings of 16 bit 44.100 k/HZ

Check to make sure the "Original" option to import the files at their current bit depth is DESELECTED and OFF. Your .mp3 or .mp4 sound file will be up sampled to match your project setting before importing it back into CbB.

Edited by Steev

What have you tried so far?

Have you tried different sample buffer sizes.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for your Audio Interface.

While you’re at it, you might want to head to the manufacturer’s website to see if there is a later version (Don’t use Windows Update).

What are your PC specs?