Si-Drum Using the interface to record dums

I have seen on YouTube that clicking on different areas of the drum when I have the interface open alters the sound of the drum. (still a newbie)

I intended to experiment with this to see how the midi note altered, was it just a velocity change? However, any attempt to record Midi by clicking on the drums creates no content, no clip, nothing.   I can drag one of the drum patterns to the track and those midi notes appear but I wanted to manually create the midi notes from the interface. is this possible?

Thanks

the SI-Drums UI is just a sound player - and selecting parts of the drum to change velocity (or a rimshot) only activate the sound generator / samples. it's not like a keyboard or pads which can provide MIDI inputs to a track that can be recorded. maybe another drum VI could output MIDI but not the SI Drums.

• Like 2

If you don’t own a keyboard controller then use the virtual keyboard. But the downside is it only sends one velocity. 
Anyone who wants to record midi should purchase a keyboard controller. 

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

If you don’t own a keyboard controller then use the virtual keyboard. But the downside is it only sends one velocity. 
Anyone who wants to record midi should purchase a keyboard controller. 

Thanks John, I have purchased an USB midi interface which arrived today. Hopefully my Roland Handy Pad5 (from the 90s) still works and I can map/use that. Not being a keyboard player  I have given away a keyboard I had but might try to get it back OR get a small velocity sensitive keyboard controller.

• Great Idea 1