Zero length notes

All of a sudden on one track, some of my notes, from a specific point onward, are extremely staccato, as if they have the absolute minimum length. I've bounced to clip, manually adjusted the note lengths, looked at the Event List, copied the notes to another track, and restarted Cakewalk completely, nothing helps. 

"We will do everything in our power to ensure you don't ever get into a creative flow."

- Cakewalk

Edited by jkoseattle

Posted (edited)

Definitely seems to be in the midi data itself, as when I move the clip to another track, the same thing happens. And it's not clip-based, because the problem starts in the middle of a clip. However, any new notes I add also have this problem.

Edited by jkoseattle

There's really nothing to screen shot because everything looks normal. 

Anyway, I don't know what caused it, but the solution was to make sure "Select controllers along with notes" is enabled, delete the entire bar in which the zero length notes start happening, and re-enter that measure. If I delete the notes WITHOUT "Select controllers..." also enabled, the problem remained. Even though there were no visible pedal markings in that bar! Moving on...

• Like 1