N/M Dazzed and Confused

Heath Row

I night be wrong here, but if it still like it has been, that you had to have different installations of different versions of Cakewalk/SONAR in order to have your previously purchased Cakewalk plugs show up in the latest version of Cakewalk/Sonar, in this case Cakewalk Sonar and Cakewalk Next.

Forgive me if this is already the case, but why can't it be that all you have to do is install Cakewalk Next and/or Cakewalk Sonar, then via them or the Manager have your owned plugins installed rather than have to install or run umpteen different Cakewalk/SONAR versions in order to have then available.

Would be nice, I own all the plugs, I still have Dimension Pro, Rapture, Rapture Pro, Z3TA 2 installed, but I removed the various versions of Cakewalk/SONAR and all the plugs etc years ago, back in 2015. It would be good to not have to do the old install or run various versions of Cakewalk/SONAR again to get the rest of the plugs.

I hope I have made sense and if it has already been taken care of, just delete the thread, thanks.

I think I was getting confused/mixes up with the plugs that come with certain versions like that Vocal plug, which you had to either install the older version of Cakewalk/SONAR, or at the very least run the installer and select what you wanted from there.

Edited by Heath Row

@Heath Row

What could be easier than going here: Cakewalk Command Center (this is the current download for CCC, the old link to CCC no longer works) and installing all of your legacy products?
(another of the "perks" we all have enjoyed since BL "bailed" us out of Henry's mess!)
This has been covered numerous times by members who have recently: built new machines, updated older machines, etcetera...

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

1. CCC doesn't have all my products for some reason.  I normally download them thru my legacy account and store the installers locally.  Updates are available thru the website Knowledge Bass.

2. Some plugins are part of the main installation.  However, you can run a "custom" installation and choose only the plugins you want without installing the program itself.

Edited by sjoens

I think I was getting confused/mixes up with the plugs that come with certain versions like that Vocal plug, which you had to either install the older version of Cakewalk/SONAR, or at the very least run the installer and select what you wanted from there.

• Heath Row changed the title to N/M Dazzed and Confused