JOY OF JOYS: logging back into Control Center

Al Murray

Question

As excited as I am about the next phase of Cakewalk/Sonar/this DAW I have spent 20 years tangled up with, I am encountering a problem.

Does anyone have this problem? I try to log in to the Command Center, my password long forgotten, what with never expecting it to have to return, and I ask for the password reminder/reset, and NOTHING HAPPENS. Indeed, the tiny blue wheel is still turning on this my fifth attempt. 

Thoughts? 

Thanks everyone. 

PS also not getting anywhere much with Backstage access and all that malarkey. 

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Al Murray said:

As excited as I am about the next phase of Cakewalk/Sonar/this DAW I have spent 20 years tangled up with, I am encountering a problem.

Does anyone have this problem? I try to log in to the Command Center, my password long forgotten, what with never expecting it to have to return, and I ask for the password reminder/reset, and NOTHING HAPPENS. Indeed, the tiny blue wheel is still turning on this my fifth attempt. 

Thoughts? 

Which version of the Cakewalk Command Center do you have?  I have the version that was installed with CakewalkCommandCenterSteup_1.1.8.1.  It works just fine here.  As I recall previous versions stopped working to due to website changes (that is, when older stuff was moved to an area designated as "legacy").  The new was posted so we could access the same content but in the new "legacy" location. (See below.)

If you have the current Command Center software, contact customer support to see if then can reset your password.

Final thought: If you have a Rolodex (or similar system), you might want to keep track of you passwords there.  Then the problems become (1) remembering what things are filed under, (2) reading your own handwriting, and (3) age related finger stiffness that make thumbing through the cards increasingly painful. 

Edited by User 905133
various edits (fixed typos, etc.); added a link to the announcement of CCC v 1.1.8

Yes there is a new version that is the only one that works. If you need you password reset you contact cakewalk support. They have been very good about this. 

I made a suggestion to ask if all our legacy products could somehow be moved to the new Cakewalk Product Center. 

Edited by John Vere