Cakewalk Next? Seems like we are locked out of Discord???

John Vere

34 minutes ago, Greg Wynn said:

I found the whole Discord platform to be a lot of people screaming about really nothing to do with any products.

Are you talking about Discord in general or specific Servers?  I ask because any of the Servers I was on were very targeted, even the ones I left after deciding they were not for me.  

7 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Are you talking about Discord in general or specific Servers?  I ask because any of the Servers I was on were very targeted, even the ones I left after deciding they were not for me.  

In general.  I didn’t spend much time there to be honest. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve abandoned it anyway. No time to waste on it. I was only interested in the Stem separation anyway.
I just found a much better alternative. Mixcraft. I haven’t looked at it for years. Check out the demo. So far only thing missing is a smart tool. It has Ara for Melodyne and does 5 track stem separation. 
A download midi file not only loaded up instantly it sounds really good. Sonar has no GM player now. 
It comes with some really good plug ins. It has a store where they list 100’s of plug ins with a lot of fee stuff listed.  Early days but so far I’m impressed. Only $120 too. I got a lot done in no time with out opening the manual. I think this one’s been overlooked and it’s just seen some major updates.  

I tried Studio One yesterday and the GM player has gotta be the worst of them all . It’s sort of like Cakewalk but it’s also $500.  Out of my budget.
Cubase is way out of my budget. 

I’m also going to look a few of the others just to see what is up. Some are very reasonably priced. 
Its 2017 all over again but things have improved at lot since then. 

Edited by John Vere

On 3/22/2024 at 9:17 PM, John Vere said:

I’ve abandoned it anyway. No time to waste on it. I was only interested in the Stem separation anyway.
I just found a much better alternative. Mixcraft. I haven’t looked at it for years. Check out the demo. So far only thing missing is a smart tool. It has Ara for Melodyne and does 5 track stem separation. 
A download midi file not only loaded up instantly it sounds really good. Sonar has no GM player now. 
It comes with some really good plug ins. It has a store where they list 100’s of plug ins with a lot of fee stuff listed.  Early days but so far I’m impressed. Only $120 too. I got a lot done in no time with out opening the manual. I think this one’s been overlooked and it’s just seen some major updates.  

I tried Studio One yesterday and the GM player has gotta be the worst of them all . It’s sort of like Cakewalk but it’s also $500.  Out of my budget.
Cubase is way out of my budget. 

I’m also going to look a few of the others just to see what is up. Some are very reasonably priced. 
Its 2017 all over again but things have improved at lot since then. 

Halion Sonic is free and can come with more than the usual GM library if you activate Dorico SE, which is also free.

Actually the Halion is one of my least favourite of the  GM players. If you look on my You Tube channel you will see I demoed all the different players and played a midi file through each and then compared the sound quality. The Halion was down the list. Example the guitar patch sounds like a Dobro? 
I just installed the Cubase 12 and I see it still sounds the same. 
There’s a few free sound fonts players I demonstrate in the video that work fine.