TheMasker FREE Dynamic Masking plugin with 30 more plugin

satya

• satya changed the title to TheMasker FREE Dynamic Masking plugin with 30 more plugin
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't get the sidechain to work...

image.png.12044d89529f465aa7fcc9c2c2deff33.png

You can see there's a signal from my bass channel.

image.png.887d6b03e4dd8b82dce42cfd7adcf8cd.png

My kick is sidechained into the second input, but the sidechain isn't having an effect, and isn't showing in the graphic.

The same kick is also sidechained to a compressor in my bass bus and that is showing the input signal.

What am I doing wrong?

just some guesses - try turning up the sidechain level increasingly and see if the yellow line shows up. In the video he turns it up to see it better. Also try adjusting the masked and clear to the bury side and see if the delta moves. The cleanup to left i think focuses more on low end like your bass/ kick. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ben di Gedig said:

Kick is sidechained into the second input, but the sidechain isn't having an effect, and isn't showing in the graphic.

The same kick is also sidechained to a compressor in my bass bus and that is showing the input signal.

What am I doing wrong?

I also haven't tried it so I'm just guessing it might be like other VST 3 plugins, such as TDR Nova which is also a dynamic EQ. They dont receive sidechain signals.

For TDR Nova (VST3), disabling 64 bit double precision engine on Cakewalk by bandlab, or using a vst wrapper such as Kush Element, are the ways to use the sidechain.