Pretty Insane Drumming

20 hours ago, Wibbles said:

This is at 176 bpm. He uses 3 drumsticks at one point.

Well that was totally unexpected.  That middle-eastern/Turkish sounding music was spell binding!! I watched the whole thing. He said a lot of good stuff at the end. I will be on the lookout for the release of his band music. I would to hear what he thinks is simple.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Well that was totally unexpected.  That middle-eastern/Turkish sounding music was spell binding!! I watched the whole thing. He said a lot of good stuff at the end. I will be on the lookout for the release of his band music. I would to hear what he thinks is simple.

That was a bit of drum and bass. Here's the original:

Chase & Status, Bou - Baddadan ft. IRAH, Flowdan, Trigga, Takura

Here's another one with a similar vibe:

Chase & Status - Program Ft. Irah

3 hours ago, Wibbles said:

Here's the original:

After seeing this I realize that the song was originally done with a drum machine. 

The first video you posted was the drummer 'playing along with' the song! That was a feat of great talent, and timing!!

12 hours ago, Grem said:

After seeing this I realize that the song was originally done with a drum machine. 

The first video you posted was the drummer 'playing along with' the song! That was a feat of great talent, and timing!!

There's a couple of sampled breaks* are in the original. The guy is basically playing two different kick patterns and two different snare patterns at the same time.

Jungle/Drum and Bass was built on sampled breakbeats, most famously the Amen break: