Having troubling activating Cakewalk by Bandlab after new update

Hey everyone, first time posting here, I just updated Cakewalk by Bandlab to the latest version, and the latest version of Bandlab assistant, and I can't activate Cakewalk. In a nutshell, the new version of bandlab assistant (v10.2.4) isn't showing the Apps page, at least on my end, so I can't log into cakewalk to activate it. This is the first time i'm experiencing an issue, and my operating system is windows 10. I guess this is more of a bandlab assistant issue than a cakewalk issue, but just wondering if anyone else if having this problem. Thanks, Matt 

bandlab.thumb.JPG.1559ecfb8a2baf5766c694ed4b1614e8.JPG

Edited by Matt Jenkins

Hey all, I solved my issue. After some deep searching, I realized that I guess Bandlab is no longer associated with Cakewalk, now that the new SONAR is on the way. I didn't realize, sorry for my ignorance here. Bandlab still promotes solutions to logging into Cakewalk by Bandlab on their own website , so I was kinda mislead. If anyone has this issue, you need to download the new Cakewalk Product Center, and do an offline activation, and that should allow you to get back to creating with the new update.  The offline activation is in the help tab within CbB, you export a code, and then put it into Cakewalk Product Center, and then it'll give you a code to input back into the CbB application. Hope this helps anyone that runs into the same issue as I, I thought I was a goner for a second haha. 

There’s no reason to have to do that It looks like you were trying to use the Bandlab assistant which was discontinued a while ago. 
You can use the CPM or just download the full installer from the web site. No need to use the offline method. You just log in to the Bandlab website using your username and password and that activates Cakewalk. 

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cakewalk Next and Sonar are all products owned by Bandlab. That hasn’t changed. Just the activation system is now changing. 

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back, yeah it's weird, when I updated this weekend to the newest version, it was saying unable to activate, prompting me to log into Bandlab Assistant. Maybe if I downloaded the update right from the CPM, it would've worked fine, but I updated it through CbB in the program itself, and when it updated it locked me out saying I needed to activate. I also was a couple months behind on updates, maybe that was also the issue. Even when I downloaded CPM and was logged in with my Bandlab account, it still didn't recognize that I was logged in (inside CbB) so I ended up just doing the offline method. I'm thinking maybe if I reinstalled CbB as a whole through the CPM as a fresh install, I wouldn't have any issue. Anyway, cheers, I'm a 15 year user of Cakewalk / Sonar, glad to find the community is still alive and strong

Having the same problem of activating after the update today, March 7th, 2024.
I did what John Vere said, downloading and installing the newest version of Bandlab Assistant, and that still doesn't work.

Hey John, do you mean just download the full installer and "overwrite" what I have installed already, to fix this?

Please carefully read my post. I said the Bandlab Assistant was removed months ago. 
So of course it doesn’t work. 
You log in to the Bandlab/ Cakewalk web site using the log in window that  should automatically open when you click on activate. 

I think the reason a few people seem to have issues is due to  the log in window doesn’t appear for some reason. 
So you just go to the web site and log in. 
What is broken is we should be logged in permanently due to the fact we are on this forum. I myself don’t understand why we need to keep re logging  in. 

Edited by John Vere

Thanks Tom. I was able to turn off Windows Firewall, and change my settings to allow the cakewalk file in the Common folder to pass through even when it's on. I was then able to log in to Bandlab from within Cakewalk, which activated it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, John Vere said:

What is broken is we should be logged in permanently due to the fact we are on this forum. I myself don’t understand why we need to keep re logging  in. 

The forum has absolutely nothing to do with in app sign in. The only thing common is that there is a web page :)

Sign in provides a handshake with bandlab to get the user credentials per application. This is also required for activation. Similar to how you must sign in to access the online version of bandlab. It's not related at all.

Additionally sign in for Web services relies on tokens that expire periodically for security reasons. Tokens are auto renewed when possible but there are situations where the sign in is necessary. The same happens in all applications that use this sort of protocol. Eg check your typical banking app that uses a web protocol.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Tokens are auto renewed when possible but there are situations where the sign in is necessary. The same happens in all applications that use this sort of protocol. Eg check your typical banking app that uses a web protocol.

just please don't ever implement MFA (multi-factor authentication) 🙂 

• Great Idea 1