Cakewalk TTS Level keeps going back to 127 volume

I adjust the volume on the TTA-1 to about 100 on channel 1 and 3. But, as soon as I start the song it jumps back up to 127. I had brought it up to 127 so I could clearly hear what I was playing, but now I need to mix it into a more realistic level of around 100.  But, it jumps back up to 127 as soon as I start playback. I have search on the module to see if there is an automation function, but I can't find one if there is one or you can advise me on how to defeat this from jumping back up, any help on this is much appreciated. 

Thanks

Frank

Interesting.  My first thought was, "Maybe there's some midi data in the file."  So I took a downloaded Music-Minus-One style MIDI file with multiple MIDI Tracks, pointed it to TTS-1, and started deleting Sysex banks (such as GM/GS reset, etc.) and CCs, RPNs, NRPNs, etc. That didn't make a difference.

Then I reset volume and chase (see above).  Between tests, I hit the GM2 Reset button on TTS-1.  I also muted all but 5 MIDI tracks to focus on which tracks changed volume on the TTS-1 sliders.

I almost never use Automation Lanes, but I checked each of the MIDI tracks and sure enough the jump-to volumes were there in the automation lanes.  So I deleted them.

Then it hit me, "Maybe the automation volume settings came from the way I set the MIDI Console sliders (not the TTS-1 sliders).  So I changed those and sure enough (1) the TTS-1 sliders jumped to those settings when I hit Play and (2) the MIDI Tracks now had Volume Automation with the values from the MIDI Console sliders.

I never mastered the use of the Read and Write buttons because I didn't need them for what I did. (I didn't record and playback automation since I did everything I needed to do with CCs and other MIDI data.  Based on these tests, I now suspect somehow Automation happens whether I choose to use it intentionally or not.

I have no idea what your workflow is, but I thought I'd share my results in case they shed some light on your issue.

An example is a download file will turn up Ample P Bass to max2.0  I always use 1.0 . I have to turn down the midi volume to 64 using the track inspector. Turning it down in the GUI it just jumps back when you start playback.

Not the audio track It will return to unity. But in Cakewalk the midi track inspector overrules any imbedded data. 
Some Instrument GUI settings  only work when everything else is at None. 

Edited by John Vere

Either use the MIDI Volume contorl in the track to set the synth's master volume, or right-click it and choose Disable. MIDI Volume controls are disabled by default (as indicated by parens around the default value of 101). Once you move them, they become active, and CbB sends the value every time playback is started. Note for future reference that some synths don't respond to CC7 Volume messages by default and have to be MIDI-learned.