Longing - "12 stringed guitar"

equality

Slight melancholia in this tune originally recorded on an emulated 12 stringed guitar on Line 6. I sold it a long time ago. Then I transferred the audio to midi and tried 8DIO's Solo 12 stringed guitar which I think sounds better. Perhaps the song needs a middle eight section?  March 1: Finally put my last(?) hand on this.

March 5 edit: Link gone to the new version(?). Anyway, put on a real 12 strunged guitar (Yamaha) this time in order to hopefully make it sound more realistic.

Edited by equality
link gone!?
  • Like 3

On 3/10/2024 at 9:32 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi - I'm not sure which mix I listened to but I enjoyed it

Think that lead guitar sound - is this the twelve string - doesn't sound quite right

Loved the Bass tone

Apart from that liked it

Nigel

Thanks Nigel! I reluctantly agree, the guitar sounds a bit funny. I guess I have to record it again with a real 12 stringed guitar. 

49 minutes ago, Busker Pete said:

I love the interesting journey on trying to get the guitar sound right, it's just the kind of thing I do too!!

Nice track, it maybe could be made into a song?

Pete

Nice to hear you have the same aim with the guitar. My intentions are almost always to develop a tune into a song with a vocalist and some good lyrics. Unfortunately the inspiration goes down after the first musical part. Thanks for the listening! 

• 2 weeks later...