Keyboard shortcuts customization - odd behavior

mgustavo

Hi, I've noticed Keyboard shortcuts customization on Preferences dialog box has changed to an odd behavior, as follows:

1. Enter Preferences dialog box

2. Choose Keyboard shortcuts to change key bindings

3. The Keyboard shortcuts / Preferences dialog box will disappear, like it has been closed

4. Click on CbB screen and Keyboard shortcuts dialog box will show again, ready to use.

* It seems to me that this issue started with 2023.09 update.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

2 hours ago, sjoens said:

It's been performing the disappearing act for years.

Possibly for some people that had the issue, but not for people who didn't.  Earlier today I had issues--not disappearing, but a strange, unusually long delay bringing up the keyboard shortcuts dialog that I never had before along with what seems to be UI redrawing glitches.  

• Like 1

That's another one I've seen for years.

Because they are separate processes, apparently Keystrokes and Themes undergo a system scan when invoked.  IIRC there's a way to offset it but I don't remember what it is.

• Like 1

I've also seen Preferences intermittently open in the background for years, and/or with a bold font or other drawing issues. The slow access to Keyboard Shortcuts (and slow open of Preferences if the last page you accessed was Shortcuts), started just a couple/few years ago. There was discussion on the forum at the time that it seemed to have gotten suddenly worse, but the Bakers never seemed to acknowledge that something significant had changed. All I know is that accessing Keyboard Shortcuts in ye olde SONAR Platinum is basically instantaneous with the same .kbn file. The slowness in CbB is real pain.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

The slowness in CbB and Sonar...

Are you alluding to the new beta??

CbB underwent a lot of changes from the original X series and suffers a bit from it, IMHO.  The SPlat windows open a lot quicker.  Sonar 8 and previous versions open individual pages thru the main Options menu so they're also a bit faster. 

Edited by sjoens

On 2/25/2024 at 1:17 AM, David Baay said:

I've also seen Preferences intermittently open in the background for years, and/or with a bold font or other drawing issues. The slow access to Keyboard Shortcuts (and slow open of Preferences if the last page you accessed was Shortcuts), started just a couple/few years ago. There was discussion on the forum at the time that it seemed to have gotten suddenly worse, but the Bakers never seemed to acknowledge that something significant had changed. All I know is that accessing Keyboard Shortcuts in ye olde SONAR Platinum is basically instantaneous with the same .kbn file. The slowness in CbB is real pain.

Yeah, the slowness of the Keyboard shortcut window has been a drag for years. :(

If I remember correctly, I once had Sysinternals Process Monitor running, and apparently Cakewalk scans all the shortcuts from the registry every time (or something along similar lines).