MIDI - only record certain values?

Velocity is a property of the note on message, not a CC.

You can't get Cakewalk to alter what is actually recorded, but you can affect playback / echo while recording by adjusting the velocity trim (Gain knob on MIDI tracks, or on the MIDI tab of a soft synth) - turn it up to 127, and everything will come out at velocity 127.  It'll even sound at velocity 127 while you're recording.

image.thumb.png.07596a57bdfdab15decbc4e6575865c4.png

To change what velocity was actually recorded after the fact, select the clip and using Scale Velocity from the Process menu.

• Like 2

That doesn't seem to be what's happening for me, sorry I should have been clearer before - it doesn't seem to be affecting the note VELOCITY, but CC 7 keeps triggering some sort of VOLUME parameter which makes the track quieter. It seems to be the output value of the soft synth I'm using? Either way I've disconnected the volume control on my MIDI keyboard but that's not changed anything, it seems to kick in just by playing notes?! Very irritating when trying to track stuff as you can imagine!

Edited by BassMasterGeneral

Time for a new controller.

All the midi input filters are on the midi inspector strip shown by Mark. 

There’s not much any software can do about defective hardware. You repair or replace it. 

Edited by John Vere

I'm really not bothered about my keyboard doing anything other than note, duration and velocity. But I presume there's no way of making it ignore this info when record then? That's a bit rubbish but at least I only paid 20 quid for it! I'll find a way of living with it as I'm well skint atm. Thanks for the info though good to know!

5 hours ago, BassMasterGeneral said:

I'm really not bothered about my keyboard doing anything other than note, duration and velocity. 

image.png.6f64608e0306be98595acf2cf038b354.png  If you don't want to record any controller data, uncheck that:  

image.png.ff425b700e3aa304d14c4bb96c3cdbad.png

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 1:43 AM, User 905133 said:

image.png.6f64608e0306be98595acf2cf038b354.png  If you don't want to record any controller data, uncheck that:  

image.png.ff425b700e3aa304d14c4bb96c3cdbad.png

This is perfect for now! I'll check out some filtering stuff in future as the only other thing I can imagine needing in the near future is a sustain pedal which won't work with this going on I imagine, thanks as usual guys!