sonar x1 producer bug - chipmunk voice after converting to mono or stereo

Byron's probably right about this not being a bug, based on the lack of reports of what would have been a showstopper. If it's user error, though, I have no idea what a user might accidentally do that would cause such behavior.

The effect you're describing is the result of a sample rate mismatch, but this is a very rare occurrence and almost always involves imported audio. It is unlikely that a SR conversion would happen on an internally-generated file such as a bounced track. (Current versions do support per-plugin upsampling, but X1 did not have this feature.)

I'd first eliminate the possibility of a misbehaving plugin. Try deleting (not just bypassing) all plugins on the track before converting to mono or stereo and see if that makes a difference. If the problem goes away, try the experiment again with each deleted plugin reinstated until you've isolated the problem plugin.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:48 PM, Informatique Limoilou said:

it never did that in 10 years

but now suddenly it does it

Get Cakewalk by BandLab while it's still available and free. Install it next to SONAR X1 and you will get the best of both.

X1 hasn't been supported in well over a decade. Cakewalk by BandLab is still in active support.

Why am I always the one who has to say this?

What is the value in trying to help people get these antique versions of SONAR to work? There is no reason to be running SONAR X1 at this time.

27 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Get Cakewalk by BandLab while it's still available and free. Install it next to SONAR X1 and you will get the best of both.

X1 hasn't been supported in well over a decade. Cakewalk by BandLab is still in active support.

Why am I always the one who has to say this?

I thought of suggesting getting a 64-bit computer to run CbB a few hours ago, but I thought that would be too insensitive.

I am all for squeezing the last bit of usefulness out of older hardware and software. It's standard practice for me. My current main system is built from donor, eBay, and Criag's List components. The only things purchased new are the RAM sticks and the Firewire card.

But at some point, it becomes more trouble than it's worth. Stuff that used to work fine stops working fine.

You can get refurbished Dells on Amazon for under $200, fully capable of running DAW software, Windows 11, etc. Mini PC's as well.

You can do a TON of stuff with free software, but there IS a certain ante in hardware. It's pretty low these days, and then you can run the wheels off of whatever you get for another 10 years.