Waves Platinum $73.99 for 48 hours at Everyplugin

ralfrobert

https://everyplugin.com/platinum.html

As far as I can tell, this is the lowest price ever. If you already have Waves plugins, it's worth checking the upgrade price which should be lower. 

https://everyplugin.com/waves-upgrades

I know, many people around here have their problems with the way things work in the Waves universe. However, if you are ok with it, this is a great offer to get a "standard package" to get you started. Or a year of fresh WUP if needed. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ralfrobert said:

Some of them, yes. Renaissance plugins and some others have received a facelift though.  

I already have the Renaissance Maxx bundle though. And a few other plugins from Platinum. Upgrade to Platinum would be $59.99 for me. I'm undecided. But I think I'll pass.

13 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

I already have the Renaissance Maxx bundle though. And a few other plugins from Platinum. Upgrade to Platinum would be $59.99 for me. I'm undecided. But I think I'll pass.

You can demo the bundle for a week to check if it adds any value to your setup. 

• Like 1

I'm working with a studio that moved from analog to digital this past year. I've been collecting freebies as we go along and we bought a few IK products on deep discount.

I've found some of the older Waves products are useful (like Renaissance plugins). It's annoying that the 2 additional free plugins are from a list that omits plugins we would like to get such as Vocal Rider or the live autotune. 

I think in our position of not having bought many plugins that this bundle is well worth it. Interested in any comments on this decision. 

Thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I'm working with a studio that moved from analog to digital this past year. I've been collecting freebies as we go along and we bought a few IK products on deep discount.

I've found some of the older Waves products are useful (like Renaissance plugins). It's annoying that the 2 additional free plugins are from a list that omits plugins we would like to get such as Vocal Rider or the live autotune. 

I think in our position of not having bought many plugins that this bundle is well worth it. Interested in any comments on this decision. 

Thanks

It's a good bundle to get started and get 80% of the daily work done.  I bought it because it makes my setup compatible with two studios I am working with.  The software just works.  And Waves keep their ecosystem running.  As I am on Windows,  WUP has never been a problem.  

• Like 1

I have a bunch of Waves plugins but it's kind of scattered  .What happens I guess when I nibble on those sales I didn't have a unified package other than Horizon.

None of that has been wuped in forever.  To WUP only Horizon is 240.00 and that leaves probably 30 more plugins. The upgrade may cover a few and leave holes for the others.

Having said that, as someone else commented. It all works. Never had a Waves plugin crash my DAW. They are good plugins and I don't think it's fair to imply they are all dinosaurs.Many have updated interfaces and functions. Prolly the biggest hurdle for me is going through all of them. Waves needs a meta search.

Edited by Tim Smith
  • Like 2

The strong point is their plugins. Everything else Waves sucks.  So far their quality overrides their crap business model.  At some point hopefully that ends since there is so much out there with superior licensing. 

• Like 1

I tend to agree. It’s hard to pass up at this price considering the sheer number of plugins you get and the fact that they all work and sound fine.

But as kitecrazy said it’s just everything else around them that’s annoying.

- Waves hell, I mean waveshell is an annoying implementation. There’s a reason why other developers don’t do it that way.

- Having x copies of the same plugin in your list is just annoying (mono, stereo, vst 2, vst 3).

- WUP, whether you need it or not, is annoying. Not WUPing and being on version 9 of the plugin while everyone else is on 14 is annoying. Owning Horizon but not really owning today’s Horizon because you bought it 8 years ago and they’ve added 20 plugs to it since is annoying.

- Tiny non-scalable interfaces on hi-DPI screens is annoying.

I own Mercury and do use some of it, but I tend to go for a non-Waves alternative where possible. And that’s the crux of it. Alternatives. You start small with Waves but after a few of those can’t-resist deals you’re hundreds of dollars in the hole because it’s worthwhile to upgrade bundles rather than to WUP. On reflection maybe you would have been better off picking the more expensive alternative at the start. Or maybe you wouldn’t be. I don’t know - it’s your decision, but make an informed one.

Edited by Toffo
  • Like 2