Audio Assault 🎸Amp Sims For Only $3.50

cclarry

Actually, let me rephrase. There are expensive suites out there like Helix Native, or the Neural DSP stuff, S-Gear, ML Sound Lab, ToneX for example. They are 30-40+ times the price of Audio Assault on sale. Are they 40x better? Of course not. AA amps are absolutely usable but just not at the level of the others I just mentioned.

So you might think "well of course they're not as good, they're much cheaper," but my response would be if you're only paying $5-10 for an amp sim then is it worth spending any money at all? With the likes of NAM, Amped Roots Free, AmpliTube CS, ToneX CS, Tonocracy, Emissary Ignite and a few others available, my thinking is it's not worth spending money unless you're looking for something really high quality (the sellers in the first paragraph) or if you're looking for a very specific sound in which case Audio Assault is worth a look.

Still, none of that has stopped me from saying "Installed!" in the past 😁

Edited by Toffo
  • Like 1

I like the older stand-alone amps from Audio Assault, have most of them. But the new model with amp-locker where amps and pedals are hoarded and are add-ons is not my taste (like IK, Overloud, ...). I hate that these kind of hubs grow in size, have so many updates to no avail (if you do not buy the new add-ons) and are so huge on the screen. And in the end the add-on style is more expensive. But YMMV.

15 minutes ago, Sistine said:

I like the older stand-alone amps from Audio Assault, have most of them. But the new model with amp-locker where amps and pedals are hoarded and are add-ons is not my taste (like IK, Overloud, ...). I hate that these kind of hubs grow in size, have so many updates to no avail (if you do not buy the new add-ons) and are so huge on the screen. And in the end the add-on style is more expensive. But YMMV.

Yes, but if you got ReAmp 1 (which was super cheap - I paid 9.25€) and buy the upgrade to ReAmp 2 for $9.99, you get 51 amps, 10 pedals and 14 cabs for an amazing price. If you bought them individually you'd pay much more.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Yes, but if you got ReAmp 1 (which was super cheap - I paid 9.25€) and buy the upgrade to ReAmp 2 for $9.99, you get 51 amps, 10 pedals and 14 cabs for an amazing price. If you bought them individually you'd pay much more.

It's not buying a package what I've meant, it's more the ones with a hundred of separate add-ons (like e.g. Overloud) that are costly in the end!

And the other question to you: Do you really use most amps, cabs in the package? In packages I often use barely 20%. Hence it is not really a deal! 😄

What I forgot to mention (one time positive 😆) is that there are some amp packages (e.g. like Guitar Rig 👍) that are not so update prone and the reason is that they do not have add-on philosophy!

2 hours ago, Sistine said:

Do you really use most amps, cabs in the package?

That's a very good question! No one needs a gazillion of amps to write great songs. Just ask Brian May! In fact, you hardly even need an amp(sim) to do so. I can easily create usable guitar tones with just ProChannel modules. Fun fact - in the song "Revolution" by the Beatles, the distorted lead guitar sound was achieved by plugging the instruments directly into the recording console.

Yet when it comes to gear collectors, they (should I say "we"?) always need one more.

• Like 1