70% Off Tape By Softube

satya

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

the integration with Studio One sets it apart.

So does the CPU consumption!   LOL!

If you get this, can you post back and tell us your experience? I waited years to get this and picked it up last month and was super excited for the same reason - using it as a Mix FX in Studio One.  But I find it pretty much unusable because of the CPU hit.  (You may want to demo it first.)

Edited by mibby

1 hour ago, mibby said:

If you get this, can you post back and tell us your experience? I waited years to get this and picked it up last month and was super excited for the same reason - using it as a Mix FX in Studio One.  But I find it pretty much unusable because of the CPU hit.  (You may want to demo it first.)

I also have been thinking about getting it for the same reason. Then it dawned on me, that we can use any tape/console/preamp as the first effect and just enable built-in MixFX Console to handle Drive, Noise and Crosstalk.

For tape processing I highly recommend Ferox or ReelBus - ToneBooster's v3 plugins, which are now free. CPU hit is virtually non-existent.

PA channel strips are well-known for being CPU efficient. If you happen to have any of those, that support TMT - you're all set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mibby said:

I did a quick test with three tracks. Tape as a mix effect on the master and an instance of tape as an insert on each track and while it wasnt light on the CPU it should be usable on my system. If anything it was better than the IK tape effects. The acid test will come on a bigger project.

• Like 1