Cakewalk with EZdrummer Help Please

Scott

Looking for your advice: When I place a groove from Ezdrummer into cakewalk, it inserts at about 1 measure. I then Groove Clip Loop it out to 50 measure. To do this, I grab the right side of the clip and swipe my mouse left and right (at right side of screen) many times to get it long enough to get around 50 measures.
Question: Is there a more efficient way to do this? Like, identify somewhere how long I need the drum clip and it just takes it there?
Thanks

depends on the drum track you create in EZD (or really any other tool like EZK and EZB, the Ample series of instruments w/ their Riff section, Scaler, etc etc) the idea is whatever is the length you need for a given section of song divide that by the phrases you need. 

e.g. i have a verse of 12 measures, and 3 separate drum phrases, so i create a 12 measure track in EZD, create those phrases, then drag that into my MIDI track. then repeat for chorus etc. then either copy those clips into the rest of the song (or use the arrangement tool in CW) to fill it in.

for simpler phrases / song structures, the groove clip approach is viable. often times i'll stretch it for the length needed, then bounce to clip to eliminate the looping, and then edit parts to mix it up a bit (crashes, splashes, flams, some tom hits, etc etc).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Looking for your advice: When I place a groove from Ezdrummer into cakewalk, it inserts at about 1 measure. I then Groove Clip Loop it out to 50 measure. To do this, I grab the right side of the clip and swipe my mouse left and right (at right side of screen) many times to get it long enough to get around 50 measures.
Question: Is there a more efficient way to do this? Like, identify somewhere how long I need the drum clip and it just takes it there?
Thanks

That's something I have desired for years; a way to set how far the groove clip goes without having to drag it that far.
Parboo12 has a good idea.