Can not record audio with MSuperLooper

Riccoboni

Hello,

I'm trying to make work the vST3 MSuperLooper plugin, version 16.10, with cakewalk version 2023.09 (build 075, 64-bit).

But I can't record anything on an Audio track. I suspect that there must be some configuration to route the track input to MSuperLooper but I can't find how to do it.

Can you help me please ?

The details of my configuration and my tests are described in the attached file.

MSuperLooper-problem-EN.docx

19 minutes ago, rsinger said:

I don't open executables from strangers, you may want to cut and paste the data in your file here so people can read it. 

? docx is an open source document format, not an executable, you can open it with ms office, libre office, etc

@Riccoboni sorry i can't help with your issue, good luck

2 minutes ago, rsinger said:

But they can execute macros ...

so block executing macros (protected mode) when opening or have it scanned by your av before opening 🤷‍♂️ or maybe the op could convert it to rtf before posting, etc 👍 good luck

41 minutes ago, rsinger said:

But they can execute macros ...

Actually docx were specifically designed to prevent that. A MS file needs to end in "m" to support macros... i.e., docm, xlsm, etc.

As far as the OP, have you walked through the Quick Start tutorial on the Melda site? There are several instances where the looper will not do anything, and there are multiple ways to get it to record (a couple require the DAW transport to be in motion, and yet another doesn't start recording until bar 2). Try out the different methods in this video (also be sure the "play" button on the track you are recording to is lit up):

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1

@Chandler pops in from here from time to time, and I am not familiar with MSuperLooper specifically. It seems you are having two issues here, 1) the loops not recording into MSuperLooper itself and 2) the loops not being seen by Cakewalk? I am not sure where MSuperLooper defaults to saving captured audio (maybe just internally in RAM), but it does have an export function (if you do not play it through an Aux Track). As far as it not recording under your situation, you might also want to reach out to Melda to ask them directly, since they are the experts on it.

There are a couple things. Yes, you need input echo enabled to use fx. If there is an echo then check your audio IF and make sure that you have input monitor on the audio IF disabled, you want to hear what's in the DAW. For a simple test setup MSuperLooper for a four measure loop and enable sync. Start CbB playing and then select record in MSuperLooper. You should hear what you're playing and after four measures you should hear the loop. If you play on the same track you'll layer in MSuperLooper or you can play in another track. Give that a try and when that is working we can go from there.

To record I create an aux track, pre-fader, and enable recording on the aux track and pull the fader down on the input track. If you're looping that will record your performance. That should get you started. From there you have all the features of MSuperLooper.

• Like 1

Thanks very much RSinger.

Everything works now.

Finally, I just turned off the input volume on my audio interface.

My second problem (silent Midi loop playback) was that during my tests I had tried the MSUperLooper16OutPut version. In this version, with my cakewalk configuration, only output1 gives a sound. I switched back to the standard version of MSLooper, and now I can hear all the tracks in my loop clearly.