Bitwig Studio 5.2 Beta 1 is here. Not a deal.

ralfrobert

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.1.2 (pre-release) is there. Not a deal.
  • 1 month later...

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.3 [released 02 February 2024]

New Features

• Swapping from one filter module to another now finds the best match for any filter mode and/or slope parameters
  • This works for the following filters when in Polymer (Synth), Filter+ & Sweep (Filter), or any device using The Grid:
    • Sallen-Key
    • XP
    • SVF
    • Rasp
    • Low-pass LD
    • Low-pass MG (when switching from this module to another)
    • Low-pass (available in The Grid)
    • High-pass (available in The Grid)
  • Controller script added for Akai APC64

Improvements

• Note In (I/O) Grid module: Now has an option to receive both Note On & Off Velocities
    • This is off by default when loading the module, providing only note on velocities
    • Note Grid (The Grid) device: Default patch has the new Note On & Off Velocities setting on by default, setting note off velocities thru for further use [31281]
  • Velocity In (I/O) Grid module: Now has an option for which messages to respond to:
    • Note Ons (the default setting) provides velocities from note on messages
    • Note Offs provides velocities from note off messages
    • Ons and Offs dynamically provides both note on velocities and note off velocities
  • CLAP: Updated to version 1.2.0
  • Controller Scripts: Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3 and Launchpad X: Added Session Overview Mode

Fixes

• Chebyshev (One Knob Shaper) Filter+/Sweep/Grid module: Remove DC filter is now inactive when loading older projects [34737]
    • When swapping to Chebyshev in Filter+ or Sweep (or within The Grid), the Remove DC option will be enabled
  • Bouncing now considers any input dependencies from track modulators [34774]
  • Improved GUI performance for projects with a large number of scenes and a large number of tracks [34662]
  • Instrument Selector, FX Selector, and Note FX Selector (Container) devices: Now uses the correct MIDI channel for Keyswitch, CC, and Program Change voice modes [34858]
  • DAWproject: Arranger Cue markers are now properly imported [34661]
  • ALS import: Fixed an error with projects created by Korg Gadget [34853]
  • Pasting notes was not allowed in some cases [34672]
  • Keyboard shortcut to Remove/restore Stop Button of Clip Launcher slots now works [34925]
  • Toggling a Launcher slot's Has stop/rec button parameter and then undoing the change would show the wrong state in the Inspector Panel
  • Detail Editor Panel no longer scrolls slightly when transposing note selection that is longer than the visible area [34855]
  • Hardware Controller API: Manual mappings from a button with a light to a toggle also visualizes the state on the light
  • macOS: On Monterey, plug-ins should no longer crash when showing the system's open/save dialog [34926]
  • Fixed rare crashes when invalid data is sent from some USB devices [30980]
  • Controller Script: Launchpad X: Send B is working properly now in Mixer Mode [33493]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.1.3 (pre-release) is there. Not a deal.

@Sander Verstraten Yes that's how it works.

https://www.bitwig.com/support/shop_license_activation/how-does-the-12-month-upgrade-plan-work-5/

Will I get bug fix updates after my Upgrade Plan has expired?

Yes, all minor updates will be available to you until the next major update. So if you are on version 3.1 when your plan expires, you will be able to download and use 3.1.1, 3.1.2, etc. Version 3.2 will be unavailable until you renew your Upgrade Plan.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.4 [released 23 February 2024]

New Features

• Support for SSL hardware controllers and plug-in mixing system
    • Note: This requires the imminent SSL 360° version 1.7 update

Improvements

• Added mappable shortcuts to Increase/Decrease Tempo by 1 BPM and Increase/Decrease Tempo by 0.1 BPM

Fixes

• Export audio in offline mode did not work with some plugins anymore (a regression) [35075]
  • Realtime rendering can now be turned off again [35060]
  • Clip Launcher: White highlight frame is now painted again for clips within group tracks (a regression) [35097]
  • Convolution (Reverb) device: No longer crashes Bitwig when dragging AIF files onto device [35053]
  • Detail Editor Panel: Drawing a velocity ramp was not working for some clips/notes in Track mode [35007]
  • Notes without gain expression no longer show a Spread value of 100 % in the Inspector Panel [35055]
  • Windows: Chain (Container) device's text isn't cut off anymore [32616]
  • Fixed KLE3 crash bug [#79]
  • Like 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.1.4 is here. Not a deal.
  • ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.1.5 is here. Not a deal.
  • 2 weeks later...

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.6 [released 12 March 2024]

Fixes

• Control Surface API: Now truncates sent sysex messages to the first F7 byte
  • TouchDesigner controller script: Is only included once
  • Thanks 2

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.1.6 is here. Not a deal.
  • 3 weeks later...

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.7 [released 28 March 2024]

Improvements

• Sampler (Synth) device: Now loads the user-defined default preset when dropping in an audio file to create a Sampler instance [35150]

Fixes

• Creating audio expressions with the Pencil tool while holding [ALT] was sometimes leaving a lot of "ghost points" in the window and eventually crashing the app (a regression) [35325]
  • Diode (Shaper) Filter+ / Sweep / Grid module: Was not always reseting properly, leading to silent output after bounce [FLOAT-35311]
  • Latch (Note FX) device: Did not stop on transport when Note FX chain is closed [35169]
  • MIDI Program Change (MIDI) device: Was not sending program 1 upon loading into the engine [35192]
  • After re-activating a plug-in, its resources would never be freed (on delete) [34924]
  • Copying clips or time to clipboard and then pasting in a drum pad would crash the program [34695]
  • Like 2

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.1.7 is here. Not a deal.
  • 2 weeks later...

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.8 [released 05 April 2024]

Fixes

• Fixed cases where the engine could sometimes get stuck loading a plug-in (if the sandbox crashed at a very early point) [35268]
  • Double quotes (") in comments or project metadata no longer break MP3 exports [35421]
  • VST3: Fixed a memory leak in message handling [LSP #383]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.1.8 is here. Not a deal.
On 4/8/2024 at 2:48 PM, jngnz said:

TIL my update plan expired

Cubase here I come

Man, I hear you. While I love Bitwig for all the things Bitwig is to be loved for (polygrid, note operators and stuff), this update plan is stupid. It's like forcing you to buy the software over each year, or like having a never ending rent-to-own service. Plus it's got strange bugs that no other DAW has such as: I can't use filter+ with a Tone2 synth. At all. It breaks the signal flow, either rendering it completely silent or just acting like a broken amp

Cubase is amazing. So yeah, I support the migration. I have both, so I go back and forth between the two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Meanwhile, Logic Pro is where it’s at 🤠

I can’t even quite put my finger on why exactly because it does have all the features you could ever possibly need, but out of all the DAWs I've tried, Logic feels the most like using Magix Music Maker. It must be all the soft and round edges. Really not vibing with that UI at all.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jngnz said:

I can’t even quite put my finger on why exactly because it does have all the features you could ever possibly need, but out of all the DAWs I've tried, Logic feels the most like using Magix Music Maker. It must be all the soft and round edges. Really not vibing with that UI at all.

Each to their own indeed. But I would always stay far away from Magix. 
Logic has it all for me, plus Mainstage of course, but above all it’s the Apple hardware-software-in-one approach that does it. I did prefer their former GUI though, with the even softer edges, while Cubase is too old-style German (fahrplanmäßig) for me I guess. 
Truth be told, I like to add Bitwig and Waveform for good quirky measure.

Funnily enough, Cubase and Reaper perform much better than Logic on Silicon chips, so that was a massive factor for me as well since I max out my ***** CPU allllllllll the time…

Edited by jngnz
  • Haha 1

5.1.8 has received additional fixes and is now in pre-release!

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.8 [released 17 April 2024]

Fixes

• Fixed cases where the engine could sometimes get stuck loading a plug-in (if the sandbox crashed at a very early point) [35268]
  • Clock Divide (Logic) Grid module: Reset in port was not being respected (a regression) [35524]
  • Recording Launcher into Arranger ("global record") could produce slightly wrong automation in some cases [35457, 35580]
  • Editing Launcher clip automation while it is being recorded to the Arranger was recording the wrong automation, and sometimes deleting points that have already been recorded [35586]
  • Automation was displayed incorrectly in the Automation Editor Panel (in Clip mode) after recording a Launcher clip with automation to the Arranger [35585]
  • Automation Editor Panel in Clip mode was sometimes displaying as empty when selecting an Arranger clip
  • Recording a discrete parameter from the clip Launcher with a point at the loop end would cause an infinitely thin automation spike to be recorded [35583]
  • Realtime Bounce and Export functions always process every single track, so you can hear them [35523]
  • Double quotes (") in comments or project metadata no longer break MP3 exports [35421]
  • VST3: Fixed a memory leak in message handling [LSP #383]
  • Linux: Corrected bad plug-in window hints
  • Like 2

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio 5.2 Beta 1 is here. Not a deal.