[SOLVED] Cakewalk keeps interpreting almost every click as a double click

Darkjanggo TDI

This is becoming extremely irritating and really disrupting my workflow. Nearly every time I click something, Cakewalk interprets it as though I'm clicking twice. I'll click the mute button on a track, and it'll stay unmuted because it thinks I've clicked it twice. I'll click and drag at the top of the track view to zoom out, and it'll reset my entire track view, because it thinks I've clicked twice. I'll try to crop a clip by dragging it, and it just won't drag because it thinks I've lifted my finger off the mouse. I'm not actually clicking, I've tested my click input in other applications and it's normal. Is there any way to fix this? It's extremely frustrating.

Edited by Darkjanggo TDI
Easy fix

Mouse click behavior is controlled by Windows, so there are no settings to adjust that within Cakewalk. This site has a pretty comprehensive rundown on troubleshooting a mouse, but I would start with checking your double click settings in Windows Mouse Options before diving too deep. Some mice also have proprietary software to customize buttons, so you can override defaults to other things (like to do a double click), that is another thing to check if you have one of those (e.g., Logitech).

Edited by mettelus

It's a wired mouse. I think Cakewalk is just so resource intensive on my pos, old pc that the input lag makes it think I'm double clicking, as it's worse during playback/recording. I've just changed the double click speed in Windows which has solved it. Thanks, everyone!

Edited by Darkjanggo TDI
  • Like 1

• Darkjanggo TDI changed the title to [SOLVED] Cakewalk keeps interpreting almost every click as a double click