All Ghostwave soundbanks are free now - Diva, Sylenth1, AAS Ultra Analog, Synplant

audioschmaudio

1 minute ago, audioschmaudio said:

Do you know if it also works with the free AAS player?

I'm still investigating that. Just installing it in Ultra Analog's own user banks folder didn't result in it showing up in Player, but I haven't tried finessing it yet.

Not holding out a lot of hope; A|A|S are pretty good at locking their stuff down to only do what they want it to do.

The devil is in the detail.. might be important to some people, so sharing in case it is:

You do not own the presets contained in this product but are granted a non-exclusive license to use them for non-commercial musical productions.

For further questions or to license these sounds for commercial purposes, please contact me at ghostwaveaudio@outlook.com

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Omg, I didn't realise 😱

It's so common for soundbanks and sample packs to be 100% royalty free that I take it for granted.

Completely agreed, it's easy to take it for granted!

I often check and have been quite surprised by some of the ones where they're not royalty free and some of them are crazy, like you have to share royalties with them if your track gets signed to a major label (thinking of Godlike Loops in particular there).

They in particular aren't at all upfront about it either, so I ignore all their sample packs now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Completely agreed, it's easy to take it for granted!

I often check and have been quite surprised by some of the ones where they're not royalty free and some of them are crazy, like you have to share royalties with them if your track gets signed to a major label (thinking of Godlike Loops in particular there).

They in particular aren't at all upfront about it either, so I ignore all their sample packs now.

I learned that years back when buying fonts, brush packs and such for creative software etc. 

There's so many stupid licence agreements out there and sometimes they even vary depending on where you buy the product from. There's plenty of cases that if you buy from an official reseller, you get better licence to use the product than when you do from buying the dev itself. For example, devs could have limits on earnings ("If you make something for a company that has revenue of X") or print/product amounts ("Need to buy a different licence if life time product amount exceeds Y copies".)

Needless to say, stopped buying certain things as it began to feel like more extra-curriculum work to figure out what was allowed in the end. Easier to just use things that didn't have that kind of limitations since the product you did for a clients might be resold/relicenced later on, and there's no need to put tripwires in place yourself with how much armwrestling there is with licencing your own work to begin with.

Then again, I suppose a lot of people do end up in the "hope for the best" category where they ignore the fine prints and wing it until a possible litigation.

Me? I like peace of mind and not let worry get in between creativity.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Then again, I suppose a lot of people do end up in the "hope for the best" category where they ignore the fine prints and wing it until a possible litigation.

Me? I like peace of mind and not let worry get in between creativity.

This occurred to me as I was replying to the post too. Plenty of people download sample packs illegally and rip samples straight from songs and reuse them and will in many cases get away with it.

I just prefer doing it all legitimately, but I don't judge people for not doing it that way.

Music is a passion for all of us and some people might struggle being able to afford some of those things, so I totally get it.

Good call out around graphics. I have seen some weird licensing with that there, but it never occurred to me it applied to fonts and brushes!

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

thinking of Godlike Loops in particular there

Them too?!

Only certain products though, I guess? For example, on the page for their bundle it says: 

And of course , all loops & samples are 100% Royalty-Free ! 

You get to keep all the royalties you made from your track !

They currently have sales with 50% off everything, including the bundles, btw.

On 12/16/2023 at 9:02 PM, audioschmaudio said:

Them too?!

Only certain products though, I guess? For example, on the page for their bundle it says: 

They currently have sales with 50% off everything, including the bundles, btw.

I don't think you can believe what you read on the website, which is my concern with Godlike Loops.

I just checked another pack I had downloaded and on the website it says "Royalty-Free" clearly.

But in the downloaded samplepack the Userinfo.txt says:

Godlike Loops Royalty-Free License gives
you the right to sell the
beats you made using these loops.

Please contact for information.

godlikeloops@gmail.com

Follow on IG @godlikeloops

------------------------------------------------------------------
                            PLACEMENTS

If you place a record with a major label or artist using the sample"s"
in this kit, you agree to splitting the publishing, mechanicals, 
points, and advance fees with Godlike Loops. Contact ( godlikeloops@gmail.com )
to handle negotiations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Crazy. Looks like false advertising to me, then. Is that even legal?

It doesn't seem it to me and even if it's legal, I find it deceptive. They don't even say Royalty Free* and then you find the asterisk and it explains placements.

In one sense it is royalty free for you to sell your music, it's just if you place it with a major label, then they want a cut!

4 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

In one sense it is royalty free for you to sell your music, it's just if you place it with a major label, then they want a cut!

Sounds more like 50% royalty-free to me then. With 100% there are no exceptions, like "yes, but placements don't count". I contacted them to ask for an explanation. I'm curious what they answer, if they answer.

41 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

But in the downloaded samplepack the Userinfo.txt says:

I haven't had any response yet, but meanwhile I've checked the "USER INFO.txt" in some of the sample packs that I have from them. They don't say anything about placements and splitting.

It says:

Visit  >>>>>>>>>>>> WWW.GODLIKELOOPS.COM <<<<<<<<<   for more products.

Thank you for purchasing our product !
We hope you will be satisfied,
We make every effort to satisfy our customers.

Godlike Loops Royalty-Free License gives
you the right to sell the
beats you made using these loops with no extra cost.

Please contact for any informations.

business conctact / support - godlikeloops@gmail.com

Follow on IG @godlikeloops

and in the "License Agreement.pdf":

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Thank you for purchasing a Godlike Loops sound kit. Upon purchasing, you agree to the following terms and conditions.

All sounds & loops are royalty free to be used in your own production. The license granted is only valid for the original user/purchaser of this kit and is not transferable. We have the right to request proof of purchase (sales receipt of any form) at any time. The kit must be purchased before the release date of any production it is used in. The "Demo Beats" in this kit are provided as demos and are not licensed to you. Any contents of this kit may not be used in competitive products, including but not limited to, Virtual Instruments, Sample Packs, Sample CDs, Library Music, App Contents, or any other products that would be re-licensing Godlike Loops Copyrights without written permission. You may not re-license, loan, copy, rent, upload, download or distribute the sounds licensed to you to any other person.

You may edit/change the sounds/loops within this kit in any way you wish. The sounds are royalty free to be used in your own unique musical compositions/productions. Sounds may not be offered/used isolated in any audio/visual work. We will not take responsibility if the sounds purchased do not meet the needs or purpose of the buyer. Any unauthorized use or duplication of any Godlike Loops product is strictly prohibited and will not hesitate to take legal action against any person.

If you have any questions or need to license sounds in this kit for any other purposes then please email us at godlikeloops@gmail.com

Thank you for choosing our product!

Seems legit. Maybe the ones you have are older and they've changed their conditions since then?