Andy and Zomby Woof drums on the "Six of One" Z.E.R.O. CD

Examigan

I used Cakewalk and Addictive Drums to create the drum tracks for Andy and Zomby Woof on this CD.   My part is manually input, but the bass, vocals, and guitars are all live musicians recording their own parts for the songs.  You can hear the tracks a bit further down on the page:

https://zeroensemble.bandcamp.com/album/six-of-one

Edited by Examigan
clarifcation of where to hear the tracks
  • Like 3

Great work, must have cost some time! So you managed to capture what some consider the greatest musical genius of the century😁

One little thing: the drums, especially the snare rolls sound a bit robotic at times, maybe you could add some "humanize". 

Other than that: RESPECT!

Edited by Teegarden
  • Like 1

Yes it did take a long time as I take a lot of care on my parts, and not much repeats as you can hear in the tracks.  It's almost always changing, and I like that as I'm a big prog fan (Yes, Rush, Zappa, Crimson, etc.) so required a good amount of details.  Also I did use a bit of the CAL "random time" for several parts to be only off by a range of 3 clock ticks or so.   More than that made it a bit too sloppy sounding, and  really stuck out in the mix too much.

I also have other tracks I've worked on for other Z.E.R.O. CDs besides this one.  

Edited by Examigan
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Teegarden said:

Great work, must have cost some time! So you managed to capture what some consider the greatest musical genius of the century😁

One little thing: the drums, especially the snare rolls sound a bit robotic at times, maybe you could add some "humanize". 

Other than that: RESPECT!

Agree with Teegarden re the Drums - these days Addictive Drums aren't my choice, but you have programmed them very well

I love Zappa, so great to hear this on the forum

Cool

Nigel