Rhodes Cyber Week Sale

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

$59 or $89 ?

Even at $59, not certain I would bite, have OTS and a bunch of others, I know its "Rhodes" but is it really "that" much better than the emulations that have come out while waiting for this?

Ad said $59....but apparently it's $89.95!  Updated OP

5 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

$59 or $89 ?

Even at $59, not certain I would bite, have OTS and a bunch of others, I know its "Rhodes" but is it really "that" much better than the emulations that have come out while waiting for this?

Same, except I feel a bit bad for Roland. These guys invented it. I was a huge Roland fan back in the day, with their synths, drum machine, multiple Roland electronic drum kits (I even bought their first model in the 80s and incorporated it with my acoustic drums and used the brain for triggers on my acoustic kit. 

I think Roland's plugins sound very good, but to your point, they came very late to the party and some exceptional sample developers have come along and done great things with their instruments. It's ironic that they have to fight their way into this market's heart when you consider their amazing history. 

• Like 1

Maybe im wrong but the problem with Roland plugins its called Roland Cloud.

They did  that Roland Analog Polysynth Collection but i have a feeling that they never really wanted to go that route and never promote it. And they tend to be expensive, when you can find similar good sounding plugins a lot cheaper

subscription model is great, nothing wrong with that,  but there is many that resist to that and want to buy their plugins, if they dont sell it someone else will.

Korg went with their own collection and despite the fact that there is other developers doing “the same” plugins, i would say that they are doing well. I really like their plugins

It is not to feel bad if they do not position themselves in order to compete in the market 😊