Protools perpetual licence transfert question

Zo

Hi guyz , i'm considering getting rid of everything i don't need / use ....

Protools being one of those things , i have a perpetual licence of PT 12.5.x .. and wanted to sell it :

Is it like a regular ILOk based plugin transfert or de we have to transfert the ownership ect ...

iv'e read the article about that but they say A and B 

Pro Tools Software (version 9 and higher), Pro Tools M-Powered, Pro Tools Express, Plug-ins & other audio related software Avid will transfer ownership of Pro Tools software, and Pro Tools Upgrade Plans (any licenses that are part of a Plan or Bundle will be included). This will change the registered owner, move iLok licenses to the buyer’s iLok account, and provide related software downloads in the buyer’s Avid account. In order to be eligible for Pro Tools transfer of ownership the seller must be a registered owner of Pro Tools. If eligibility is met, then follow the below steps:

1. Purchase an “Avid Support Code: Pro Tools software” for $39.95 at shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDetails?sku=AR-AV-ASCPTL-00 - if transferring an active Upgrade Plan you can use its System ID instead (limit of 5 licenses per form and ASC/SID)

2. Complete this transfer of ownership form and submit via case at avid.force.com/ASC (for ASCs) or my.avid.com/sso/Salesforce (for System IDs)

3. As the seller, you MUST deactivate all licenses from an iLok key so that they are in the account only

4. Avid will send a confirmation e-mail to both the seller and the buyer when the transaction is completed Additional Info: • Some licenses can be transferred directly by the seller using iLok License Manager.

If you do not wish to have Avid document a change in ownership, you may simply use the iLok License Manager application to transfer these iLok licenses to another account. Go to ilok.com to see the current license transfer fees. • Pro Tools Subscriptions cannot be transferred.

Zo, I don't have PT so I have no idea.

However, reading what you posted above, it seems that you can transfer a PT license IF you are a "registered owner"'. If you meet that requirement, then...

You can buy a ASC for $40, fill out the form, send it in, take the license you own off of your iLok, and they will take care of the rest.

Maybe someone else reads it a different way... IDK. 

• Thanks 1