I started a thing where I won't go near my computer until I have played my guitar first .

kennywtelejazz

On 11/20/2023 at 7:26 AM, Grem said:

Yep!! :)

Funny your bringing this up. I have been doing some things that have brought me back to this place. It had been so long... It's a great feeling.

A little embarrassed? Hell I would have never admitted to that!! Not here!! : )

But since you were so honest, I will let you know your not alone!! But I would have never said it first!! jk

About 25yrs ago I seriously thought of giving up the guitar and selling all my stuff and buying a Ultra-Lite glider airplane. Went about a year without playing. Then I started back, started writing songs, re-leaning a lot of stuff I forgot. Fast forward to today... I still don't practice as much as I did back in the day. But I am back to practicing. Getting more fluid and getting my finger/hand strength back up. Enough to be able to play the songs I come up with. 

Glad to hear it's not just me.

I never thought of giving up, but it seems to just happen - maybe in part because the music I write rarely features any guitar, and I don't really write on that instrument either. But I like playing, and it keeps my hands and fingers in shape. And I really like to work on improving the little things that I didn't pay as much attention to as I should have when I was younger, like my vibrato and such.

Almost as if playing guitar and making music were two very distinct activities. But I enjoy both very much.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 1:06 AM, Xoo said:

Hang on, so how did you do the video without your computer on? 🙂

But, seriously, nice playing!

My video was shot using my Android phone . I did have my computer on for the one audio track I recorded of my playing  in real time  plus editing the video .

Thanks for the listen ,🙂

On 11/20/2023 at 7:02 AM, craigb said:

Milo handles that part. 😁

😁

Milo is super food motivated . He would walk across a tightrope at a sold out circus with out a safety net if he thought there was a treat at the other end of the tight rope  .

On 11/20/2023 at 7:26 AM, Grem said:

Yep!! :)

Funny your bringing this up. I have been doing some things that have brought me back to this place. It had been so long... It's a great feeling.

A little embarrassed? Hell I would have never admitted to that!! Not here!! : )

But since you were so honest, I will let you know your not alone!! But I would have never said it first!! jk

About 25yrs ago I seriously thought of giving up the guitar and selling all my stuff and buying a Ultra-Lite glider airplane. Went about a year without playing. Then I started back, started writing songs, re-leaning a lot of stuff I forgot. Fast forward to today... I still don't practice as much as I did back in the day. But I am back to practicing. Getting more fluid and getting my finger/hand strength back up. Enough to be able to play the songs I come up with. 

Uncle Kenny wants you ! 🫵 To play your guitars and make music  😁

Anyway the truth be told .....I can identify with the both of you gentlemen  .....

I honestly don't have any real answers for myself or anyone else for that matter , But hey ! I still think whether I amount to anything or not " in the guitar world " I have always felt that playing the guitar is a gift from above .

thanks all,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

whether I amount to anything or not " in the guitar world " I have always felt that playing the guitar is a gift from above .

Most definitely agree. It is a blessing. There is nothing I have ever done in my life that has given me such personal pleasure,  nor greater satisfaction, than playing the guitar.

• Like 1

I have been sticking to my plan of practicing my guitar first away from my computer ... I learned this song years ago and I forgot how to play it 😆

I started working on this a few days ago ....This performance is Ruff but hey .... at least I'm trying my best to get back in the game

Happy Thanksgiving all ,

Kenny

• Like 3