Minimized toolbar displays incorrectly when CW is in Full-Screen

SloHand Solo

If I have the toolbar minimized and hover over a module, the module is displayed under the TB item correctly, if the CW app is not in full-screen mode.  Once CW is in full-screen, the modules are no longer displayed directly under the TB items.  They are off to the side, and sometimes off the screen.

Here, I'm hovering over the transport TB item with the app not full-screen.  This is normal

toolbar1.thumb.jpg.a65c21c20c5777c481b48768bc552eb7.jpg

With the app in full-screen mode, hovering over the transport TB item incorrectly displays the module to the left of the transport TB.

toolbar2.thumb.jpg.c6dcd96bc760785c45089fea199f0b83.jpg

Edited by SloHand Solo

• SloHand Solo changed the title to Minimized toolbar displays incorrectly when CW is in Full-Screen

Several years ago I had some issues with individual module settings I had and a collapsed toolbar. Ultimately, I decided to use a small, floating toolbar. Not sure if that will meet your needs, but I did want to acknowledge that there can be some anomalies and at the same time suggest a different space saving option. 

JMO: We can drive ourselves crazy trying all the combinations/permutations to get it "perfect."

BTW, I just played around with a couple of the settings in F11/Full Screen Mode (which I never use), especially center and justify, and was able to configure my collapsed toolbar to have some of the modules auto-expand off centered and/or partially off the screen.

Maybe Cakewalk Sonar won't have so many customizable toolbar settings to mess with, but if it does maybe the new system of graphics will be able to adjust for all of the possible display devices (and the drivers, monitor settings, etc.) Cakewalk users have (and will have in the future). 

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Several years ago I had some issues with individual the module settings I had and a collapsed toolbar. Ultimately, I decided to use a small, floating toolbar. Not sure if that will meet your needs, but I did want to acknowledge that there can be some anomalies and at the same time suggest a different space saving option. 

JMO: We can drive ourselves crazy trying all the combinations/permutations to get it "perfect."

BTW, I just played around with a couple of the settings in F11/Full Screen Mode (which I never use), especially center and justify, and was able to configure my collapsed toolbar to have some of the modules auto-expand off centered and/or partially off the screen.

Maybe Cakewalk Sonar won't have so many customizable toolbar settings to mess with, but if it does maybe the new system of graphics will be able to adjust for all of the possible display devices (and the drivers, monitor settings, etc.) Cakewalk users have (and will have in the future). 

Floating the toolbar works!  Thx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Several years ago I had some issues with individual module settings I had and a collapsed toolbar. Ultimately, I decided to use a small, floating toolbar. Not sure if that will meet your needs, but I did want to acknowledge that there can be some anomalies and at the same time suggest a different space saving option. 

I'm a long-time programmer, and seeing stuff like this triggers my OCD, like when Spiderman's spidey-senses are going off, LOL

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I take that back, it actually made it worse with the floating toolbar, lol

toolbar.thumb.jpg.4126730b4dc0b4e4397e1565e4806a6b.jpg

54 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Not for me.  I like the transport visible 100% of the time.

Yes me too. But I was thinking the OP might not have been aware of the keyboard hide/show shortcut. Seems like this is why it's available.

Need more vertical height, hit the C key. Need to get at a module, hit it again. It's just my habit of using those 5 magic keys to make the track view as big as possible. 

B gets rid of the browser, I gets rid of the inspector, D gets rid of the multidock ( if your on one screen) and C gets rid of the control bar. The 5th one is Shift B to get ride of the Bus pane. I've always meant to change it to a signal keystroke somehow. 

• Like 1

I agree; I often use the other view toggle shortcuts.  Very handy. 

BTW, one of the features of the short floating control bar I stumbled onto when I first set it up is efficient use of the mouse wheel to scroll through the collapsed modules (the ones with vertical names to save space) which open when the mouse cursor reaches it.

Also, when the CB is in the upper half of the monitor (either 1 or 2), the collapsed modules self-expand downward. When the CB is in the lower half, they self-expand upward. C still works as a toggle if I need to see what's underneath, and I can always widen the CB whenever I want by grabbing either the left or right edge and sliding it.

Not saying this would fit everyone's workflow. Just mentioning it as part of the flexible options we have with CbB's CB.

Edited by User 905133
"wheel wheel" double word typo fixed
  • Like 2

i have custom workspaces which enable me to rapidly shift across overall settings (e.g. don't need a bunch of control bar stuff if mixing, vs recording) and depending on what i'm doing, then using the keystrokes (e.g. B, I) if i need to quickly view or hide something. the custom ones also prevent updates from overriding the changes i might have made in the "stock" workspaces...

image.png.e645a5394403318cfa130cc0a6e69bc0.png

Edited by Glenn Stanton
some additional info

I was adding my custom keyboard shortcuts to my new install last night and found the L key was unused by me. So that’s now the Buss pane. Once you do this you think, man why didn’t I do this 18 years ago. 
Z= open regional effect Melodyne 

X= Render regional effect 

V= Save

N= Transpose 

L= Buss pane 

The Melodyne short cuts have saved me a zillion moves already. 
One hand over keyboard, one hand on the mouse.