StreamDeck icons/graphics

Patrick Azzarello

Question

Now that StreamDeck has a "mobile" app (iOS and Android), I'm thinking this may be useful to others in the community here. 

1. I'm trying to find the icons used in Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) so that I can put them into my  StreamDeck software. I'm not talking about the track icons (used in the mixer), but the icons for the buttons in the Control Bar, etc. Right now I'm using placeholders. 

Does anyone have these? Or do I need to extract what I can from the DLL's and EXE's? 

2. It would be nice to see how people are setting up their StreamDecks for CbB. I have a bunch of interesting ideas, and while I use keystroke accelerators (and have since the late 90's), I think there are probably other, better uses (like running macros, inserting effects, etc) that would be interesting to put together and share. 

Any links or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

TIA

Pat

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Patrick Azzarello said:

. It would be nice to see how people are setting up their StreamDecks for CbB. I have a bunch of interesting ideas, and while I use keystroke accelerators (and have since the late 90's), I think there are probably other, better uses (like running macros, inserting effects, etc) that would be interesting to put together and share. 

Mine is not very pretty but I find it super handy. I partly use it to address some shortcomings in CbB

SuperZoom is a macro to close the browser and inspector and make CbB full screen 

Hide - Unhide is the shortcut to hide all tracks except the current selection

Fit To Selection - Also shortut

Tranpose Up & Down - This is a macro you can use on track view to quickly switch octaves so it uses : Process - Transpose  and - + or - 12 semitones and saves multiple mouse clicks and typing the value in. I would say I use this one the most of all of them especially when arranging midi parts to find the right voicing but it works on audio too.

Scale Vel - This is a shortcut to Process - Scale Velocity and opens the dialogue box

Tempo Track - Shortcut to open / close tempo track

CAL - This is a folder which reveals a bunch of my favourite CAL routines

Normalize - Shortcut of Process - Apply Effect -Normalize, save going several menus deep

Melodyne - Applies the Melodyne Region FX to selected clip

Humanize - Shortcut to commonly used CAL

Reset Midi & Audio - Shorcut to panic button

Bounce to Clip - Brings up the bounce dialogue for selected clip

Audient - Opens soundcard app for adjusting latency

So that's mine - When I first had it I set it up as a glorified transport controller but I quickly found I never used it and decided to put all those tucked away commands that I used quite often or some macros of functions that I used a lot but took multiple clicks to achieve otherwise.

And I've still got one spare button ! Might rig that to the coffee machine.  

image.png.249bc169ddd60326564da8e18837cd5b.png

A glorified "Custom Module"! B| Requiring more desk space. :/ :D

Quote:
"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\TungstenTheme.fth  is essentially a resource dll. It contains all of the graphics used by CbB."

Which can be exported from the Theme Editor.

Edited by sjoens

It's worth mentioning that the new Sonar will have a completely new set of icons, and will be in a completely different format (i.e. they're vector based)

So if you're planning on moving to Sonar once it's out, I wouldn't spend too much time getting the icons from CbB.

It may be easier to just do a screen capture and cut out the icons you need.

• Great Idea 1