cclarry

1 hour ago, Kirean said:

JRR is $27.72 with code GROUP

$27.61 at EveryPlugin

https://everyplugin.com/psp-modular-collection-for-voltage-modular.html

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

It's a great collection - if you'll use it.
I.E. it's part of the Cherry module system, not a plugin. 

Yeah, I got the Voltage-thing from a bundle at some point. But I think I'll skip for now as I haven't really dwelled on it yet.

Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular installs with 2 different plugins, one as an instrument and the other as an effect. As an effect, you can route audio from your DAW through the plugin, and through the PSP modules.

I'm hard-pressed to authoritatively compare them, but CA's VM is my personal favorite - It's my main jam - love how easy the interface is!

Edited by tansetter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mister_tea said:

did a clear winner emerge among Voltage Modular, VCV Rack, Softube Modular, something else?

You're leaving out a number of others - for example AAS MULTIPHONICS CV-2u-he Bazille, Madrona Labs KaivoReason Studios Complex-1 and even NI Reaktor 6
Some are closed systems, some have 3rd party support, some (like Reaktor) have a large user base and a crapload of stuff like patches & modules (Reaktor Blocks) available.
I don't think there is a clear winner but you might have some clear preferences. 

I personally went with VM because (at the time I checked it out)

• It's seamed more open (in terms of 3rd party modules)
  • Low cost of entry, low cost of adding 3rd party modules.

If I was just now buying into modular now not sure what route I'd take.
I still might go the same route or being a u-he fanboy I might just go the Bazille route, but there's plenty of options.
Owning Reaktor (as part of Komplete) and with the wealth of free resources available it might have made the most sense to go that direction.

Your homework assignment @mister_tea is to study ALL to options and report back on your personal preferences.
See you in a couple of weeks if not months.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

I've had PSP ultimate for a while and like it.  The reverbs, delay, chorus, etc. are quite good. There are all kinds of crazy filters and effects. I think trials are available for any of the individual modules.

There's an FX version of Voltage Modular you can use to run audio through, so it becomes a modular multi-FX you can use on any source.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I still might go the same route or being a u-he fanboy I might just go the Bazille route, but there's plenty of options

Bazille was quite impressive sounding the last time I checked some videos on it.

Come to think of it, I think both Beat Magazine and Comptuer Music have their own branded versions of Bazille. Wonder how feature restricted they are to the real thing...

I'd probably buy in on this PSP deal if it were not for hopes of some other things that I want possibly (hopefully) getting deals later this month... can't buy 'em all sadly 😪

Edit: Bazille differences were right in front of me...

image.thumb.png.0ce5ccb9b3803c4f71a64264a465e94e.png

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 2