Android app controls 🤯

Phil The Fleshdemon

If you did not know, Pro Tools just released an app on iPad that allows users to move faders and all kinds of cool stuff. Not sure that'll ever come to Cakewalk but I was thinking that could be a really cool addition, like a remote control of sorts, for android based phones and tablets.

https://www.avid.com/products/pro-tools-control

• Like 1

It appears to depend on the EuCon interface for CbB that you can't get unless you own a serialized Avid product. Maybe the iOS app is serialized? I couldn't figure that out. You can't create an Avid account for EuCon download without a serial number.

Edit:

I followed the path to the download for the drivers and get essentially to the same point.

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Thanks 1

Since I have both Pro Tools and CbB on my Windows PC, AND an iPad, I was able to install the Eucon software on my PC and get the Pro Tools Control app on my iPad to connect to Cakewalk. But, alas, no soft keys or plug in control... yet. For now, it will just be nice to be able to tap the start or record buttons from my singing or playing position in my studio room without having to fiddle with a mouse and keyboard. Someday all this stuff will truly talk to each other, but for now it still the old, "My OS is better than your OS". At least the Control app is free.

• Thanks 1

I've been looking at a Logitech wireless keyboard with built-in touchpad as an interim solution. But....no more gadgets, please!

For now I use a Korg nanoKONTROL2 on a long cable with @msmcleod's control surface software. I don't like having another cable to get all tangly, and Mark suggests wireless USB as a possibility, but another gadget just to get in and out of Record and Play modes? The tethered nanoKONTROL  will do for now.

I wanna use my phone or $50 Android tablet. Leave it to Avid to come out with something that only runs on iPads. 🙄

• Thanks 1