Is it possible to adjust the clip volume/gain for multiple selected clips at the same time?

pulsewalk

I'm trying to select several clips and adjust their volume/gain, but only the clip I'm moving the red line on is actually adjusted.

I also tried to put them in the same Selection Group, but that didn't do anything for this.

How do I adjust the clip volume/gain for multiple selected clips at the same time? It would take a long time to go through many clips if I want to set them on the same volume.

Of course, one can adjust the whole channel volume, but I would rather adjust the clip gain instead in this case.

21 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Can you bounce the clips together first? Then split them post-facto if really necessary.

Yeah, that's one solution for sure. But if I need to split them, I guess I can't split them back to as they were.... so I guess  that's what grouping is for.

You can select multiple clips, hold the CTRL key down, move the volume while it is down. Release the volume slider, then lift the CTRL key. All selected clips or tracks will change. You can use this on gain, effect send volume, pan and a tons of other stuff.  You can also do this with midi. You can’t do mixed clips like some audio and some midi tracks/clips. 

I think the OP is specifically referring to clip gain (where it will automatically redraw the wave form). Whether multiple clips are selected or not is immaterial (in fact, you can adjust clip gain even without the clip selected at all). CTLR-drag only works on the clip that is being hovered over.

18 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

You can select multiple clips, hold the CTRL key down, move the volume while it is down. Release the volume slider, then lift the CTRL key. All selected clips or tracks will change. You can use this on gain, effect send volume, pan and a tons of other stuff.  You can also do this with midi. You can’t do mixed clips like some audio and some midi tracks/clips. 

Holding CTRL key down while adjusting clip gain on several clips doesn't do anything. Only the clip you're adjusting will be affected.

Holding CTRL key down when adjusting track volume on several selected tracks will work though. But this is not the case with clip gain and I don't know why.

Holding CTRL key down should in my opinion work for several clips selected also. If nothing else I might ask for this as a feature request as it is quite logical to be able to do that.

Edited by pulsewalk
  • Like 1