(not a deal) (A Request) Please keep an eye out for good deals on large storage 2.5" SSDs :)

El Diablo

Hi!

I've actually reached a point where I'm happy with the plugins I have.

I'm now in the stage of acquiring new sounds and that's going to require I also get a bigger storage device.

Please keep an eye out on sells for the end of this year on large SSD (external and internal).

Much Thanks!

Edited by El Diablo
Spelling

M.2 is one of the SSD formats.
You should clarify what format you're seeking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

What are the different types of SSDs?

There are several types of SSDs with varying speed and connection types, including 2.5", mSATA, M.2, and PCIe. The following section briefly reviews each type.

2.5": This is the most common type of SSD on the market. They offer the best value per GB and, while being the slowest, are still plenty fast.

mSATA: Short for Mini-SATA, these SSDs have a small form factor, a different connection type, and are a bare circuit board, unlike their enclosed 2.5" counterparts. They're a bit faster than a 2.5" SSD and are used in laptops and netbooks; devices where space is a concern.

M.2: Like mSATA, these drives are a bare circuit board. The significant differences are that they come in both SATA and PCIe versions and have different lengths and widths, allowing for more flexibility. Also, M.2 SSDs can support NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express), which mSATA and 2.5" do not.

PCIe (M.2): These are the fastest and most expensive SSDs. As the name would imply, they use a PCIe slot (the same slot your video card uses). They offer roughly four times faster speeds than a standard SATA drive.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

M.2 is one of the SSD formats.
You should clarify what format you're seeking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

What are the different types of SSDs?

There are several types of SSDs with varying speed and connection types, including 2.5", mSATA, M.2, and PCIe. The following section briefly reviews each type.

2.5": This is the most common type of SSD on the market. They offer the best value per GB and, while being the slowest, are still plenty fast.

mSATA: Short for Mini-SATA, these SSDs have a small form factor, a different connection type, and are a bare circuit board, unlike their enclosed 2.5" counterparts. They're a bit faster than a 2.5" SSD and are used in laptops and netbooks; devices where space is a concern.

M.2: Like mSATA, these drives are a bare circuit board. The significant differences are that they come in both SATA and PCIe versions and have different lengths and widths, allowing for more flexibility. Also, M.2 SSDs can support NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express), which mSATA and 2.5" do not.

PCIe (M.2): These are the fastest and most expensive SSDs. As the name would imply, they use a PCIe slot (the same slot your video card uses). They offer roughly four times faster speeds than a standard SATA drive.

Thanks for clarifying,  I'll update my request.

• El Diablo changed the title to (not a deal) (A Request) Please keep an eye out for good deals on large storage 2.5" SSDs :)
20 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

You don't say how "large" you mean.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago for $72.00:

2TB Silicon Power 2.5" SATA III.

Silicon Power are my favorite brand of SSD and RAM. Their reviews are as good as WD, Hitachi, SanDisk, Crucial, Kingston, Samsung, etc, but their prices tend to be a few dollars lower.

How long has a drive from Silicon Power lasted you?

• 4 weeks later...