UAD LA-2A plugin crashing CbB - Anyone else experiencing?

Red Four

Hi folks,

I recently installed the UAD LA-2A which they've been offering for free. I have not been able to use it, because every time I attempt to open the plugin interface within CbB, it crashes the program, closing it immediately.

The plugin seems to install fine, and shows as connected to my iLok account. Scans fine in the CbB plugin scan. I can pick it from the plugin list and add it to a track. But when I open it after applying it, it briefly opens the plugin interface window (with the window filled with a gray blur) and then Cakewalk crashes.

I've not had this happen with any other plugin, so wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has seen this. Waves, Soundtoys, NI, Analog Obsession, SSD, TDR, I have all kinds of other plugins that work fine and have never had this issue. This is my first time using any UAD plugin.

If anyone has any tips or relevant experience with UAD, I'd be glad to hear it! Thank you.

Kevin

5 hours ago, Red Four said:

Hi folks,

I recently installed the UAD LA-2A which they've been offering for free. I have not been able to use it, because every time I attempt to open the plugin interface within CbB, it crashes the program, closing it immediately.

The plugin seems to install fine, and shows as connected to my iLok account. Scans fine in the CbB plugin scan. I can pick it from the plugin list and add it to a track. But when I open it after applying it, it briefly opens the plugin interface window (with the window filled with a gray blur) and then Cakewalk crashes.

I've not had this happen with any other plugin, so wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has seen this. Waves, Soundtoys, NI, Analog Obsession, SSD, TDR, I have all kinds of other plugins that work fine and have never had this issue. This is my first time using any UAD plugin.

If anyone has any tips or relevant experience with UAD, I'd be glad to hear it! Thank you.

Kevin

Not with UAD. It’s working here, but I had same problem with Amplitube 5.

Investigation turned up that if I was set at latency 512 is crashed. If I changed latency to 128 or 256 it worked fine. Maybe try it with your situation?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Erwin593 said:

I'm having the exact same issue, got the free UAD LA-2A and it crashes every time I try to use it.

This is the error log that I get:

CakewalkCrash_Log.PNG

just to note...

It works fine here.

Curious...

Did you try using different latency settings?

I had a similar problem with Amplitube 5 and solved it changing latency. At 512 it crashed! Disappeared in a puff! At 128/256 it freezes fine...

I just say this because the free UA LA2a is freezing fine here, but I've only been running at latency of 128 .

That theory just failed here. I can freeze the LA2a at 128/256/512/1024

So that's not a factor here... Sorry.

Edited by Keni

• 2 months later...

I had a different problem. Since I upgraded to the newest version, everytime I run the plugin it keep asking me to login to UA connect which is running and I am logged in properly. So the UI of the plugin stays blurred and I can't do anything with it. Since I have other LA-2A plugins I decided UA's one wasn't worth the agravation.

Thanks to all for the perspectives and suggestions. I was not ever able to get it working, but recently upgraded to a better system - just moved my drive over to a better-equipped box - and now it's working. My old system met the specs, but there must have been some variable there I couldn't isolate. Plugin now seems to work like all the others.