Click Track Play Back Problem

SoCalRodger66

Question

Been using BL for a while and have never had this issue before. I create click tracks via sending the metronome to an aux track. Never had a problem. Now when I record, the click sounds are different from recording to playback. While recording the click track, I usually use the high and low ping sounds. While recording, it sounds totally fine but when I play back the just recorded click track, it's a completely different and unusable sound. Sounds like muddy monotones with velocities varying throughout.

I don't recall changing any settings as I use a template for creating tracks. Any advice?

9 answers to this question

I can recreate your signal flow; 

Metronome output (in Preferences) set to SFX bus, SFX bus output set to AUX 1.
Aux track input set to AUX 1 (is it L, R, orS???) bus.
image.png.fde6e5d932af61ba83c98cfc57c254f1.png

Are there ANY EFX instances on the SFX bus bin?

You might want to REDO the video with the Track header showing ALL fields, and also the Inspector panel open to Aux 1 & Master (instead of ProChannel.
That would help in seeing your routing.

Notice during recording there is a stereo track being created and  the meter is  showing as thus.  On playback the waveform is mono and the left meter is active? So this is something you are doing weird in the routing. It should create the stereo track.  This is possibly what you are hearing.