PSP InfiniStrip crashes in Mono Track

CSistine

I found out the following problem:

1. Create a new project
  2. Insert an audio track
  3. Set the interleave to Mono
  4. Add PSP InfiniStrip Mono (VST3)
  5. Cakewalk terminates immediately without message

In Sonar Platinum and in the other DAWs that I own it works without issue on mono tracks! In CbB it only works if the interleave is stereo.

I am still working with CbB 2022.11 (built 021). As soon as the offline installation is available I will also test this in the current CbB version (2023.09).

Can anyone else confirm the issue?

3 minutes ago, Xoo said:

There are a couple of other plugins I know that crash CbB on a mono interleaved track (Acon Digital Multiply is one).

Thanks for your comment! This is really a step forward!

I wondered that Acon Digital Multiply does not crash in my system, but then I noticed that I use VST2 for this one and VST3 for PSP InfiniStrip Mono. Now when I tried to use the VST2 version of InfiniStrip, I found out that this works without issue! Thus it seems the problem is only with VST3 and a mono track in CbB!

Can you confirm that it is the VST3 version of Multiply that crashes on your system?

Possibly...not trying to be awkward, but I can't get it to crash any more!  I may have updated Multiply or CbB since I last used it - I'm using the VST 3 version and think I was using the VST 2 version when I was getting the crashes.

On 10/25/2023 at 12:07 PM, Sistine said:

1. Create a new project
  2. Insert an audio track

In Sonar Platinum and in the other DAWs that I own it works without issue on mono tracks! In CbB it only works if the interleave is stereo.

I am still working with CbB 2022.11 (built 021). As soon as the offline installation is available I will also test this in the current CbB version (2023.09).

If you have a dump file for the crash we can take a look into it. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've had this problem with InfiniStrip's VST3 crashing CbB since it was released a few years ago, both mono & stereo. This morning I opened CbB after not using it for a few months updated to the latest versions of each. After inserting 2 instances of the strip it crashed CbB hard.

Whatever is causing it the issue it still remains a problem.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hsmusic said:

I've had this problem with InfiniStrip's VST3 crashing CbB since it was released a few years ago, both mono & stereo. This morning I opened CbB after not using it for a few months updated to the latest versions of each. After inserting 2 instances of the strip it crashed CbB hard.

Whatever is causing it the issue it still remains a problem.

Did you send the folks at Cakewalk a dump file?

• Great Idea 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2023 at 6:07 PM, Sistine said:

1. Create a new project
  2. Insert an audio track

Now I have tested with CbB 2023.09 and it is still a crash (but not in Sonar Platinum)!

8 hours ago, Sistine said:

Now I have tested with CbB 2023.09 and it is still a crash (but not in Sonar Platinum)!

Just tried your recipe and can't reproduce, no crash.
PSP InfiniStrip Mono (VST3) is v1.30
Cakewalk is the current (2024.02) Early Access release

8 hours ago, gustabo said:

Just tried your recipe and can't reproduce, no crash.
PSP InfiniStrip Mono (VST3) is v1.30
Cakewalk is the current (2024.02) Early Access release

Did you set the track interleave to mono (before or after)? If you put it on a stereo track, then there's no problem!

6 hours ago, Sistine said:

Did you set the track interleave to mono (before or after)? If you put it on a stereo track, then there's no problem!

Exactly what you said, created a new project, inserted a new audio track, set interleave to the track to mono and then inserted the mono flavor of the vst3.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gustabo said:

Exactly what you said, created a new project, inserted a new audio track, set interleave to the track to mono and then inserted the mono flavor of the vst3.

Thanks!

This means there must be a setting in my project/preferences that makes a difference, whatever it is! I can't imagine something else, because there is nothing that I did in addition in such a new project. I use v1.3.0 of InfiniStrip.

As it does not crash in Sonar Platinum I tried now to create there a new project with the same template that I use in CbB. Though this gives a warning (newer version) it works and does not crash, i.e. it is not the project configuration that is relevant. Now I will spend some time to compare the other preferences, perhaps I can find out what is the culprit setting.

• Like 1

Regrettably comparing the preferences of Sonar and CbB didn't take me any further! I am at my wits end! 😆

But it is not so dramatic as the VST2 version runs as expected! So I'll use VST2 in CbB and VST3 in all other DAWs, no problem!

• Like 1