CWBBL - Archiving final (and completely autonomous) installer for later use? Recommendations?

Multi-Sonik

Question

Hello everyone.

I am attempting to archive locally a full, complete, installer of CWBBL for later use. Is this event possible / legal? 

Asking because I am testing a fresh install in a Windows Sandbox and I can see that the installer still downloads files from the net during installation. So, I am afraid that those files might not eventually be available in the future.

Reason I am doing this is that I am not planning to upgrade to the new SONAR this year (as I am pretty sure the price range will be around 400-500$) , but I still want to open my past projects . 

I am also not planning to be buying "new" computers anytime soon (just used ones... powerful enough for me and my little projects), So i'm going to stick to Win 10-11 for a looooonnng time without any negative impact on my projects / usecases. So I basically want to make CWBBL available to me until... the end? 😅 (Over 50y over here... It is what it is...)

Thoughts? Recommandations? 

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

There’s no point in what you are doing. This final version will only work for as long as the Company wants it to work. It is tied to an on line activation system so that they have total control over its future.

They have not put a time limit on the final shutdown of CbB all they will say is they are giving people plenty of time to transition. 
It is anyone's guess how long that will be. 
So when that day comes, this final version will slip into Demo mode permanently. Having the installer won’t do anything to fix that. 

As said a zillion times already.

1- Upgrade to Sonar which we have been told will have different price points depending on addons etc. It is highly possible there will be a very affordable version for those sort on cash. 

2- Revert to pre Cakewalk version of Sonar. ( not a good choice for most) 

3-Change to a different DAW ( What's the point? the price will be comparable to the new Sonar anyhow) 

4-Buy a Hardware Digital Multitrack recording system,  a hardware sequencer and a room full of sound modules and keyboards. That's possible $10,000 but it will always work. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

If you have fresh installed Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 62, then the full installer will be in the %userprofile%\Downloads\Cakewalk folder.

The exact name is Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_29.09.0.062.exe and the exact size is 589,145,424 bytes

Also, I hope your guess is wrong about that price - seems a it bit high (especially with the way the Aussie dollar is going).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Promidi said:

If you have fresh installed Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 62, then the full installer will be in the %userprofile%\Downloads\Cakewalk folder.

The exact name is Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_29.09.0.062.exe and the exact size is 589,145,424 bytes

Also, I hope your guess is wrong about that price - seems a it bit high (especially with the way the Aussie dollar is going).

Thanks, Promidi !