adding reverb or delay to track through sends isn't working very well - SOLVED

greg54

I believe I found the problem.  I have always inserted a stereo bus as in the photo below.  I right click on a blank space where the buses are and click Insert stereo bus.

But I saw Mike Enjo create a stereo bus by clicking on the "Sends +" on the track itself.   Then I put a reverb plugin on the bus and routed my track to it.  That worked.    I don't know why this way worked and my old way that always worked doesn't anymore.  But at least it's working now.

Thanks, everyone, for your input!  As always, I really appreciate it.

CbB Sends.2png.png

• Like 1

• greg54 changed the title to adding reverb or delay to track through sends isn't working very well - SOLVED

one thought - the send levels look like you have them set very low. usually what you want is to hit the effects harder and then use the buss level to balance the overall level into the mix.

another tip - have the delay buss do a send to the reverb buss to add some reverberation to the delayed content.

I had the reverb turned off on the one track to see how the delay was working.  But since I have the delay and reverb plugins maxed out, it doesn't take much to get them to sound the way I want them to.

Thanks for the tip on the delay bus sent to the reverb bus!  I will try that.

3 hours ago, lapasoa said:

I'm doing and I did every day.

You said "And the output track you must set also to reverb bus", that is incorrect, it doesn't have to be set to the reverb bus.
Just because you do it that way doesn't mean that's how it has to be done...

18 hours ago, gustabo said:

You said "And the output track you must set also to reverb bus", that is incorrect, it doesn't have to be set to the reverb bus.
Just because you do it that way doesn't mean that's how it has to be done...

If you try  and try you'll see  that you'll be good too. Anyway do what you want.

• Haha 1