Audient ARC - impOSCar for FREE

DrShelder

I was excited at first until I saw this:

Thank you for registering your Audient product! We've partnered with GForce to offer you an exclusive free trial of impOSCar2, their award-winning UK 80s classic OSCar emulation. Discover new sonic heights with innovative features and over 1000 iconic sounds.

I almost fell of my chair the other day seeing Strymon BigSky reverb in there too, but that was only a 120 day trial.

Perpetual shmerpetual. 

It's a marketing exercise to recruit users to buy Imposcar 3 at a slight discount without giving the impression of deep discounting as a general rule. Just try limiting yourself to Imposcar 2 when you know how much better Imposcar 3 is 🤣

They did the same with Minimonsta recently, gave 1 away via Novation and then released 2 shortly thereafter with the discounted upgrade offer. 

I'm fine with it. I'll buy Imposcar 3 when it comes out. I already owned Imposcar 2. But it's not quite the giveaway that it seems.

For anyone who does want to use Imposcar 2, there's a sneaky UI scale option buried away in the UI somewhere. I'm not in front of my studio machine at the moment but if you search for "Imposcar2 tutorial 3 gui sizes" there's a YouTube video from Gforce back in 2010 demonstrating how to resize it. It's a good example of the usability principle of affordances, and the lack thereof. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Perpetual shmerpetual. 

It's a marketing exercise to recruit users to buy Imposcar 3 at a slight discount without giving the impression of deep discounting as a general rule. Just try limiting yourself to Imposcar 2 when you know how much better Imposcar 3 is 🤣

They did the same with Minimonsta recently, gave 1 away via Novation and then released 2 shortly thereafter with the discounted upgrade offer. 

I'm fine with it. I'll buy Imposcar 3 when it comes out. I already owned Imposcar 2. But it's not quite the giveaway that it seems.

For anyone who does want to use Imposcar 2, there's a sneaky UI scale option buried away in the UI somewhere. I'm not in front of my studio machine at the moment but if you search for "Imposcar2 tutorial 3 gui sizes" there's a YouTube video from Gforce back in 2010 demonstrating how to resize it. It's a good example of the usability principle of affordances, and the lack thereof. 

I thought the exact same thing Craig and knew it was a teaser for a paid upgrade!

I've got to say though, even just out of the couple of patches I've tried this thing sounds warm and lush and I love it.. I'm highly likely to upgrade 🤣

Downsides of this one, no VST3, UI is a bit cramped and clunky to navigate. Will definitely look at that scale option you mentioned.

Glad I held off buying it in all the recent sales after getting it for free.

• Like 1