Plugin Boutique Core Collection Complete Collection by Plugin Boutique

cclarry

There is an answer for that in the blogpost, regarding prior connections:

Were there any links between Baby Audio and Denise Audio already?
Not directly. However, one of the original founders of Denise Audio was/is also working as a freelance developer for Baby Audio. This is how we became aware of the opportunity and how we were able to easily verify the quality of the Denise Audio DSP. I had also personally met with Denise CEO Rob Stegeman on a couple of occasions in the past. But other than that there were no links between our companies.

3 hours ago, Solidos said:

There is an answer for that in the blogpost, regarding prior connections:

Our blog post has the correct info. 

There were no ties between Baby Audio and Denise prior to the acquisition. Also, there has never been any co-ownership between Baby Audio and SoundSpot or Plugin Boutique whatsoever.

The misunderstanding probably comes from the fact that the same freelance developer, JD, has worked for both Baby Audio, Denise, SoundSpot and many other companies in the industry during his career. He's also been a co-founder of some companies, but not of Baby Audio. Maybe someone found JD's online profile where he listed the companies he'd worked with and made the conclusion (wrongly) that he must be the mastermind behind all of them. While JD is a brilliant guy, this is not the case :) 

For Baby Audio, JD is a freelance developer and one of 5-10 developers who currently work for us. It's a small industry and overlaps with freelancers is pretty common -- look at the video creators as an example. Baby Audio is an entirely independent company and there is certainly no corporate umbrella uniting us with SoundSpot or Plugin Boutique.

Hopefully this will clarify any wrong rumors. And if there's any doubt about anything, just ask -- we're always happy to explain! That's much better than having misinformation spread.

Edited by Baby Audio
  • Like 4

On 10/18/2023 at 12:24 PM, Nick Blanc said:

As I read somewhere on the internets (source, trust me bro), the bad rep Soundspot gets is weird. According to this source Soundspot is under the same corporate umbrella as Baby Audio. As a matter of fact, Denise Audio, Baby Audio and Soundspot are the same developer, same DSP, same team etc. I can definitely see some resemblance between Baby and Denise. But can you say 'let's do some very bad coding and call it Soundspot'? Is that how coders works?

Baby audio acquired Denise audio and the lead developer for Denise has worked with baby audio in the past. 

babyaud.io/blog/baby-audio-has-acquired-denise-audio

40 minutes ago, Baby Audio said:

Hopefully this will clarify any wrong rumors. And if there's any doubt about anything, just ask -- we're always happy to explain! That's much better than having misinformation spread.

Agreed. That's why I posted that quote from the Blog, to try and clarify the situation. Thanks for making an account here to further clarify 👍 and thanks for your plugins!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baby Audio said:

Our blog post has the correct info. 

There were no ties between Baby Audio and Denise prior to the acquisition. Also, there has never been any co-ownership between Baby Audio and SoundSpot or Plugin Boutique whatsoever.

The misunderstanding probably comes from the fact that the same freelance developer, JD, has worked for both Baby Audio, Denise, SoundSpot and many other companies in the industry during his career. He's also been a co-founder of some companies, but not of Baby Audio. Maybe someone found JD's online profile where he listed the companies he'd worked with and made the conclusion (wrongly) that he must be the mastermind behind all of them. While JD is a brilliant guy, this is not the case :) 

For Baby Audio, JD is a freelance developer and one of 5-10 developers who currently work for us. It's a small industry and overlaps with freelancers is pretty common -- look at the video creators as an example. Baby Audio is an entirely independent company and there is certainly no corporate umbrella uniting us with SoundSpot or Plugin Boutique.

Thanks for clearing it up. That's what I get for these 'trust me bro' sources.

• Haha 1